Chapter 13; Claire Curvel

I ran across the street behind Rick, freezing in horror at the boy in front of me.

  "Randall!" I shrieked in panic. 

  "Claire, you know this boy?"

  "It's my brother," I shouted. "Randy what the fuck happened?" I rushed over to him, pushing Rick's hands away from me as tears sprang to my eyes.

Randy cried, lifting his head up with tears down his face. "Claire! Claire you gotta help me please!"

  "Shut up, you're going to attract walkers over here," Rick whispered sharply. 

  "Rick fucking help him!"

I stood on to the fence, the spike from a part of it poking into my shoulder roughly. "Claire get down before you hurt yourself," Rick scolded, yanking me off the fence. I gave him a cold glare as Hershel and Glenn came over.

  "We have to go now," Hershel warned to Rick.

I shook my head in panic. "No," Randall and I both cried out. "I'm not leaving my fucking brother here to die!"

  "Brother?" Glenn asked confused. 

Hershel patted Randall's leg that wasn't impaled. "I'm sorry son, we have to go."

  "Hershel don't you fucking dare," I hissed. "He's my family."

Hershel turned to me sadly. "Claire there's just too many walkers coming, we have to go now."

  "No no, don't leave me please," Randall begged, sitting himself up.

  "We have to go"

  "We can't!" I spat. "Please..."

  "He was just shooting at us!" Glenn argued angrily. 

  "He's a kid," Rick tried to reason.

I jabbed my finger into Glenn's chest, staring into his eyes coldly. "That's my fucking brother you asshole. He was only doing what he was told!"

  "Please help me!"

  "This place is crawling with walkers!" Glenn yelled into my face. I frowned -shaking my head and climbing back onto the fence, staring at Randall's leg in horror. How the fuck am I supposed to get here out of here? "I'm not leaving him," I whispered shakily.

  "We can't leave him," Rick agreed. 

Hershel grabbed onto Randall's leg, making him scream out in pain. "The fence went clean though. There's no way we can get the leg off in one piece."

   "Stop, you're hurting him," I panicked as Hershel shook Randall's leg, making him cry out in pain as Glenn came closer to access the situation. "Guys please," I begged. "Don't make me choose because if I have to I will stay here and die with Randall if I have to."

Glenn looked at me with worry, a scowl on his face as he shook his head. He wouldn't understand. Randall is my blood family. He's all I have left. I have to protect him.

  "Shut up or I will shoot you," Rick warned, pointing his gun at Randall.

I slapped his hand, glaring at him. "Don't point that thing at him asshole," I hissed. 

  "Claire, we need to go," Hershel tried to coax. I shook my head in denial again, climbing over the fence and moving Randall's hair out of his sweaty face.

  "Claire," Glenn hissed angrily. Fuck off. 

  "Randy be quiet okay," I pleaded. "I'm here and I'm not going to leave you."