• 04 • Once Upon a Day •

A peaceful morning at a certain dorm in Sacred Hearts... •

The silence in the dorm was so deep, that you could almost feel it with your hands. Although the rest of the school grounds had been bustling with energy, this building at the border of the school grounds was surprisingly silent.

Until a loud gasp could be heard, followed by a loud thunk against wood.

"Ouch." Roana clutched her head the pain hit her quickly.  She was too absorbed in rubbing her head, to notice her surroundings.

"Me attending a prestigious school must be a joke right?" she softly chuckled at the ridiculous situation, until she noticed her surroundings and mumbled confused, "Wait...this is not my room?"

In the corner of Roana's eyes, a face popped up - hanging upside down from the ladder next to her bunk bed.

As the face appeared out of nowhere, it scared the living daylights out of Roana, unlocking a loud scream from the said girl, "Woaaah! Who are you?!"

Roana lifted her blanket up in front of her - hiding her face behind it, as protection.

Before the girl - or 'face' could answer, the closet door got kicked open with a loud noise, and a figure jumped out, ready to take down any intruder. Flying after her was a red tiny dragon, loudly chatting.

"Cowabunga bitches! Hands up!" The girl yelled, ignoring the Dragons chattering, she rolled over the floor and stood up in a fighting position, next to the bunk bed.

"Wooah! Mina wasn't that an exciting ride through the portal!" the dragon didn't care that he was ignored, and continued to chat to the girl, who finally seemed to notice the presence of the other two.

"Who are you?" she asked looking at them doubtfully, but then the dragon gave her a nudge, whilst whispering "Those are your classmates, act normal!"

"A-ah yeah" the girl - Minami, stammered as she stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do.

"Well..." the red-haired girl - who was still hanging from the bunk bed, scratched her head, "My name is Chia-, I mean In Ha and it's nice to meet you two!" she smiled.

"N-nice to meet you two! My name is Minami." Minami hurried to say, as she did a little bow, "I'll be in your care."

She was mentally screaming, thinking back on how weird she had behaved the moment she stepped foot into this room.

The two girls curiously turned to the girl, still hiding behind the blankets, waiting for her to speak. After hearing them exchange greetings, she had peeked at them - with big eyes, from behind the blanket.

Roana didn't get the gist, and an awkward silence fell as the other two did not know what to do now. 

"My, oh my, when did humans become so mannerless?!" a sneering voice cut through the silence. 

"Sebastian!" In-ha recognized his voice and tried to sush the crab.

"Don't call Roana rude!" A squeaky voice suddenly beamed from behind Roana, as a strange bulge formed on the blankets and a green chameleon became visible. The chameleon had been camouflaging himself by taking on the blankets color, and to In-ha - who was still hanging on the ladder of their bunk beds, by surprise.

"Woah!" She yelped, tumbling backward from the ladder, but luckily, she was caught by Minami.

"Thank you." In Ha mumbled, her gaze still fixed on the chameleon.

"Am I really in Neverland?" Roana whispered, while her chameleon and Sebastian were arguing

"Uuh yeah, so far I know you are..." Minami looked at her as if she wasn't fully 100% sane, "So far I know, I've to be there too and otherwise something would be really wrong!"