• Prologue •

"Fairy tales, Miracles, Happy ever afters, and Princes on white horses" 

"Yeah right!" she sighed, and closed her worn out story book "As if that happens in this time and age." 

As a child every single fairy tale had constantly entized her, fueling her fantasy and dreams, but now that she was grown up, the stories lost their shimmer and shine.

She had seen the real world, and reality was a lot less colourfull. The only thing she felt reading the stories, was securedness. She was too old to believe in the tales as old as time.

Lost in thoughts of her childhood, she totally lost her grab on time, until suddenly the doors to her chambers were trown open.

A loud voice resounded trough her chambers "PRINCESS, IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO DEPART! HURRY UP PLEASE!"

She sighed, giving the book one last glance. Her mind was in a conflict wether to take the book along, or not.

"If I ever feel homesick, I will need this." Sighing deeply again, she grabbed the book, and slipped it in to her handbag.

"I'm coming Matrona." She hurriedly replied, knowing her Matrona's patience would soon be gone.

Rushing to the door, she gave her chamber one more glance "Till never and after..." 

Copyright © 2016 by Thamilini18

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the writer, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law