Chapter 18

Wow, I can't believe this is the last chapter. Thanks for reading, it's been a pleasure writing it.❤️

Camila's POV:

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked.
"I'm fine with whatever you guys want. I'm not a very pick eater." Hailee said.
"How does banana pancakes sound?" I asked.

"That sounds great! Bananas are my favorite fruit." Hailee said.
"Me too!" I said with excitement. "Lo, can you get me the pancake mix?"
"Sure thing." She said while getting the red box out of the cabinet.

She handed me the box of pancake mix. I carefully measured the mix, milk, and eggs, and mixed it up in a bowl. I then poured some of the batter onto the large pan and placed banana sliced on top before I would flip them.

"Should I wake them up?" I asked.
"You don't need to. I got this covered." She took a deep breath. "DINAH! NORMANI! ALLY! GET YOUR BUTTS OVER HERE! MILA MADE PANCAKES!!"

Hailee and I both laughed.
All three girls came walking down the hallway.
I took the plate of pancakes piled high, into the table.
"Dig in everyone!" I said.

All of the girls took the pancakes and put them on their plates. I watched Lauren as she devoured the pancakes. I'm extremely proud of her. She's four
months clean of her eating disorder. She turned her head and looked at me.
"What?" Lauren asked confused.
I couldn't help but smile a little.
"Nothing." I said.
-
Every Sunday, me and the girls have movie night. So since today is Hailee's first day at her new home, we let her pick the movie.
"What do you want to watch Hailee?" I asked.
"Could we watch Titanic? It's my favorite movie."

"So you want everyone here to cry?" I asked jokingly.
I could tell Hailee didn't know it was a joke by the disappointed look on her face.
"No I don't. We can watch another movie...Sorry..." Hailee said embarrassed.
"She's just messing with your head. Of course we can watch the Titanic." Lauren said.

Hailee looked at me. The look she gave me was her assuring that I was okay with it. I nodded.
"I'll make the popcorn." Lauren said.
She went into the kitchen and prepared the popcorn. Moments later, I heard popping noises.

A few minutes later, she returned with two bowls of popcorn in her hand.
She sat down and put the bowls on the table.
-
"I won't let go Rose." Jack said.
"I promise."
I looked to my right to see all five girls in tears. I passed them the tissue box.
"You okay Lauren?" I asked my wife.
"Well besides the fact that this movie makes my cry my eyeballs out, yea I'm fine."
"You're cute." I said as I placed Lauren's hand in mine.
She rested her head on my shoulder. I ran my fingers slowly through her dark brown hair.
-
"How did everyone like the movie?"
I asked.
All five girls turned around and looked at me with puffy, red eyes.
"Well okay then.....We should be getting ready for bed."
"Yea." Ally agreed.

We walked down the hallway and split apart into our own rooms. Lauren went into our room but I wanted to say goodnight to Hailee. I knocked on her bedroom door.
"Come in." The teenager said.
I walked into her room.
"Hey, just wanted to say goodnight." I said while turning on the light.
She squinted her eyes from the bright light.

"Hey Mom." Hailee said while putting down a small blue journal on the nightstand.
'I was a little shocked she called me Mom. I'm fine with it I just didn't think she would adjust so quickly.
"Sorry I just....."
"No sweety it's okay! I'm glad you called me Mom. I was just surprised you would adjust so quickly."
"Okay, thanks." She said.

I sat down on her bed and looked at the petite fifteen year old.
"We didn't really talk much, I'll tell you a bit about myself and then you can tell me about yourself."
"Okay."

"So my name is Karla but I like it better when people call me Camila. I was born in Vermont. I have a mom and a dad. And I had a sister.....We were in a car crash and when we looked in the back of the car, we couldn't find her. I'm almost positive she didn't make it."
A tear quickly rolled down my cheek.
"I'm so sorry." Hailee said to me while giving me a hug.
"Thanks."

"Well my name is Hailee Elizabeth. I'm in tenth grade. I love to sing and paint. And I was born in Vermont too."
"I love singing too! Who's your favorite singer?" I asked.
"Probably Alicia Keys."
"Same! I listened to it all the time when I was little. How long have you been listening to her?"

"As far back as I can remember. I remember my mom singing Alicia songs to me when I was like three. I have a really good memory."
"That's cool." I said.
"Yea, like two years after I was in the group home I met a really good friend. She also likes Alicia Keys."
"Cool! What's your friends name?" I asked.

"Her name is Sofia Cabello."

Dun dun duuuun!!!
Thank you guys for reading! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. (Unless you hated it which in that case, no offense taken) I love you guys! Be sure to love yourself and follow your dreams!

-Lane