Chapter 10

Lauren's POV:

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. At this time, please ensure your personal belongings are stowed away properly and all electronic devices are off. Our flying time is approximately 55 minutes. The weather in New York is seasonably cool and dry, with clear skies. Thank you for flying Harmony Air.
Thank you The flight attendant said.

"You alright Camz?" I asked the younger one.
"Yea." Camila said.
I knew she was lying but I didn't want to overwhelm her with questions. As the plane started moving, Camila's heart rate increased. She instinctively grabbed my hand and held it tight. I heard her breathing getting louder and louder.

"It's okay Camila." I said reassuringly.
She closed her eyes tight trying to hold back her tears. I saw a tear roll down her soft, pale cheek. I wiped it away with my thumb. She rested my head on my shoulder. I heard her sniffing.
"I've got you baby, nothing's going to hurt you I promise."

"Sing for me please." She said.
To be honest, I was shocked by her request. Not in a bad way, I've never heard her ask me that. Up until the moment that the security woman said she saw my video, Camila didn't even know I sang.
"Only for you Camz."

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am home again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am whole again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am young again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am fun again

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am free again
Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am clean again

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you

I'll always love you

I looked at the small body next to me that had fallen asleep on my shoulder. I placed a kiss on her forehead. I then closed my eyes as well, and fell asleep.
-
"Ma'am." A voice said. "Ma'am wake up."
I opened my eyes to see the flight attendant talking. But she wasn't talking to me. She was talking to Dinah. I looked over and noticed that Camila was awake.

Camila giggled at the fact that Dinah was such a heavy sleeper. Mani was trying to wake her up by shaking her a little bit.
Finally she woke up. She opened her eyes.

"Dammit, I was having such an amazing dream and y'all woke me up." Dinah mumbled.
"I'm sorry but we're in New York now. The plane has landed so I recommend you leave, unless you plan on living in this plane." The flight attendant said.
"Okay, okay I'm going." Dinah said stubbornly.
We all took our bags and got out of the plane.
-
Camila's POV:

Dinah, Mani, Lauren, and I got into the taxi. I gave the driver a small piece of paper with our new address on it. He nodded and drove away.
"You guys excited?" I asked.
"I'm really really excited!" Mani said.
"Me too." Dinah said.
"Same." Lauren said.

"Okay ladies, you're home. I hope all goes well." The taxi driver said.
"Thanks!" We all said.
We took our belongings and bursted through the apartment building doors.

We ran to the elevator.
I pressed the button and the silver doors opened. We all got into the small elevator.
"What floor are we on?" Mani asked.
"We're on the fifth floor." I said.
Mani pressed the small plastic button with the number 5 on it. After what felt like forever, the doors opened. We immediately ran out and looked for the door that said H6.
H9, H8, H7, ah there we are, H6.

"Girls I found it!" I exclaimed. "Do you have the key?" I asked.
"Babe, I thought you had it! Shit what are we going to do now? We're going to become homeless and we're going to die!....and... and..."
"Lolo, calm down I'm joking." I said.
Lauren sighed in relief.

I took the key out of my pocket. All of the girls were huddling around me. I took the key and put it in the hole of the door. It turned and I felt the the door open slowly. I looked inside. My jaw dropped in awe.
"Holy mother of Jesus!" Dinah exclaimed.

It was huge! There were three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. And there was a huge balcony. But the best part was that homey feeling. I just felt like.... Gosh I don't know how to explain it... I just simply felt safe and happy. Lauren used to sleep over at my apartment almost every night but now we officially live together. The thought of that forced a broad smile on my face.
We ran all around the apartment and explored.

"Hey Dinah, Normani, come here look at this!" Lauren said.
No response.
I held Lauren's hand and walked around the apartment. I then found Dinah and Normani asleep in the middle of the living room floor. Lauren and I walked up to them and joined them. We both lied down on the soft brown carpet.

"Babe."
"Yea?" Lauren asked.
"We're home." I said.
"I was home when I met you." She said.
"You're right." I said.
"Of course I am." She said with a smirk.
"You're lucky you're hot."
"Why is that?"
"Because if you weren't, I'd probably kill you."
"Love you too babe." Lauren said.
I closed my eyes.

I'm home.

Thanks so much for reading! I can't believe that I already wrote 10 chapters! Btw the part when Camila asked Lauren to sing was inspired by another Camren fanfic called "Yellow". You definitely should check it out. Love you!
😉

-Lane