"It's not mine!" he said in a defensive tone as a scream of agony echoed in the distance.

" Who was that?"

***
The man yelp in pain as the knife went through his hand, trapping it on the desk in front him. " You're wasting my time either you corporate or the next place that knife's going to be is stuck through your heart. " he poked the man's chest as he spoke, his voice cold as a dead man.

The man shook with fright, his grey eyes lingering on his hand that had been stabbed for the fifth time. Or Was it seven? His swollen eyes along with this torture had the world spinning around him " I know nothing about your wife! " David twisted the knife earning another shout from the man. " I swear! I already told you everything!" he cried.

"David, what the--" Joshua swept his hand over his face, the sight in front of him was to much. The Man's face was swollen, covered with lots of blood . Joshua wondered how it's possible that he was still alive? He didn't blame Edward for not accompanying him. Instead he stayed back feeding Jake hot herbal tea to prevent fever.

" Hi Joshua " David smiled, Joshua watched as he jumped off the table and approached him, like everything was fine. " What took you so long to returned? I was starting to get worried." Joshua give him one of his skeptical looks. He highly doubt that David's mind was on their whereabouts.

" Really? " he shut the door behind him. " What information did you find out?" He questioned.

"Nothing... Important" David shrugged his shoulders.

"Your friend is a bloody lunatic!"

"Shut the hell up Dimitri!" David retorted, Turning back to face Joshua. " it wasn't anything pertaining to my wife. He claims he knew nothing about her or the ransom."

Joshua opened his mouth to say something but stopped. What would he say? The Frenchman's telling the truth? There was no ransom? Knowing he wouldn't get any information from David, Joshua dragged a nearby chair, and sat in front of the Frenchman, who later revealed to him what he told David. According to Dimitri, they were employed to work for a secret Organization called, Les Ombres. The organization main goal was to smug items from Britain to France which was in a bit of a crisis. They found out about the Princess and saw it as an opportunity to help their country. Joshua believed that they were involved in many other criminal activities than smuggling. Joshua's forehead creased, it was not to his knowledge that France was experiencing financial difficulties. He didn't care. What concern him was that they were stealing from his country.

" You see I'm just trying to help my country. I'm not a killer but a mere thief"

"You certainly weren't trying to stole me a few hours ago" David announced, hands folded across his chest. " you wanted to murder me in cold blood. "

I wish I was successful at that task

Katherine gasped upon entering the room unannounced, capturing the men's attention. The gasped was more of a shock of recognition than one of disgust. Dimitri's grey eyes widen. He knew her. " What do you want Katherine? " Katherine took her gaze off the familiar face and stare at Joshua. " I.. I Jake's arm is ready to stitch. The pepper bush you placed on it is now cold. I can do it but I guess he doesn't trust me with a needle." She chuckled, glancing back briefly at the man.

"Smart guy" David smirked, staring at Katherine. Giving Katherine a needle is like signing your own death certificate. Joshua sigh walking out the room while David went to yank the knife out of the man's hand, threatening to be back soon. None of them notice the secret exchanged between Katherine and Dimitri.