His Frivolity

Chapter 26: His Frivolity

Perhaps naivety is the simple aversion to digest one's shortcomings. It is the judgment to speak and live in certainty, truth of who we are and what we are capable against all odds. 

I released a heavy sigh resting my back against the wall,"Hahh....I finished all my tasks."

Light spilled into the room from the balcony.

"It's still too early to sleep...."

The broom's handle went slack in my grip. The door's came open abruptly creaking in announcement. Startled the broom fell from my hands.

Ayato waved at me with his usual banter, "Hey, Breastless!"

"Ayato-kun, What is it?"

His eye lit up with  delight. He held something behind his back with a leery smirk.

"Hehe. I'll give you something nice." He exclaimed.

He handed me a pair of plain black glasses.

"Eh...are these glasses?"

Why would Ayato-kun give me glasses? I feel like I've seen these before...

"Ah, these...Could it be?!"

"Geez, your reaction is slow!" He complained.

He ignored my frown and continued to speak, " Unusually, Reiji's napping in the living room. I secretly brought the glasses from the table to here."

He paused lost in thought.

"The face he'll make when he wakes and notices his glasses aren't there...Just thinking about it makes me laugh."

This mischievous trickster...If he was going to steal from one his brothers why not the languid elder brother, Shu..

"Really you're playing such a childish prank..."

I shook my head trying to push the glasses back into his hands.

"Reiji-san will get angry when he wakes up. You should return them before it's too late" I chided.

"He. That's why I gave them to you, you know." He chuckled.

  Realization hit, my stomach sinking in indignation.   

"Eh?"

"Well, make Reiji as angry as you can, okay breathless."

"Wai...Ayato-kun!"

He waved playfully and beat a hasty retreat.

He left...

This is bad...I'll return them before Reiji-san wakes up. I feared Reiji's retribution. I quickly rushed into the hallway. As I was turning the corner I crashed heavenly against someones chest.