Chapter 183 - Family

Start from the beginning

"Uh, Dad, you, you're the voting police."

"I am. That's because I think it's stupid that adults complain about our government, but don't actually vote to change it, they just complain, and if half the people who are complaining about our government actually voted instead of tweeted, it'd be better." He explained.

"I agree, but, why don't I need to have a political stance?"

"Because you're 16." He smiled at me, "this is one of the most concerning elections in history, be grateful you're a kid. You don't have to make a decision here. This is the last presidential election you will have this luxury." He noted.

"Every other kid my age has an opinion." I said.

"You're a kid. You shouldn't have to be concerned with this. I'm serious, you're going to spend the next couple years of your life wanting to grow up, but the second you turn 18 you're going to want to be 16 again." He kissed my hair.

"And I'll have to get a job, and go to college, and get an apartment-"

"You don't have to move out." He stopped me.

"I don't?" I asked, confused.

"Nope." He smiled, "V and I want you here as long as possible."

"Really?" I smiled.

"Of course, no parent wants their kid to move out the second they turn 18."

"My mo-" I started and he cut me off.

"Nope. Not parents. They weren't parents okay? You can stay with us until the day you get married." He said, and tousled my hair.

"Ah yes marriage. In which a guy respects me." I rolled my eyes.

"Mmhm, he'll respect you, and love you."

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Because if he doesn't I will not let him marry my little girl. You deserve a loving and respectful husband."

"Thanks." I smiled.

"That's not something you need to thank me for, that's literally something every human deserves." He said, finally finishing feeding Seb, and getting into his own chair.

"Okay." I smiled at him, "so, when do you have to leave?" I asked, biting my lip.

"After I finish my pancake." He said, his mouth full. "Also, you can watch Sebbie right?" He clarified.

"Of course! We can play trains." I smiled at my little brother, who was hitting his empty cup against his chair.

"He'll like that." Lin laughed.

"Mmhm." I nodded.

"Well, I have to go get dressed, can you clean up?" My dad asked, standing up from the table.

"Yep." I nodded.

"Fantastic, thanks Mija." He flashed me a quick smile then went into his room to change. I started clearing the table and picking up from breakfast. Once I had finished, I picked up my brother and brought him over to the living room. I sat him on the carpet, and I grabbed his basket of train tracks. I brought it back to him, and started pulling things out.

"Sissy!" I looked towards Sebastian who toddled over to me holding two toy trains, "Sissy is Thomas." He announced plopping down in my lap.

"Okay." I smiled, taking it, and wrapping an arm around his torso. "Thank you Sebster."

"Welcome." He giggled, grabbing a second train for himself.

"Okay Kiddos." I turned around to see my dad standing by the door, typing on his phone, "I have to leave, I'll be back in a few hours, Abigail be good to your brother, and Sebastian listen to your sister." He instructed, then came over, and hugged the two of us.

"Bye Dad." I smiled at him.

"Bye Dada!" Seb squealed.

"Have a good day." Lin said, then left. A couple seconds later, my phone lit up from where it sat next to me, I picked it up and checked it.

@Lin_Manuel - leaving for the day is tough. A's holding down the fort with quality sibling train time... jealous...

I smiled, seeing the picture of Sebastian and I, that he must of taken when Seb handed me my train.

"I love you Sebastian." I sighed, kissing his head.

"I love you too Sissy." He said, and I smiled.

"Okay, now, trains."

•••

Okay. I know all y'all hate it when I apologize. But I feel bad. I want you guys to know that I'm inclined to update because you guys validate my existence. So... leaving this book does not help me at all. It just makes it worse. Anyways. I'm very sorry this is so late. I will try my best to get back on track. (FOR MY OWN SAKE I SWEAR YOU GUYS COMMENTING AND SUCH VALIDATES ME I NEED IT PLEASE.)

Anyways. I had a good day. It was 'varsity choir' bonding day and it was lit.

Anyways. Love you guys.

Thanks for reading!

- Abi