I'll Keep You Safe Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, (Y/N)," he said. "But what's obvious?"

"Oh nothing," Sam said, chuckling slightly.

Chris has blonde hair and glasses. On height comparison, I only reach up to his chin. He's the tallest of the entire group. Yet, I'm 5 foot 4.

He sighed and grabbed his bag.

"Oh yeah! I saw something really cool. Let me show you guys!" He said.

"Um, I'm just gonna make my way up to the station. I'll meet you guys at the lodge," I called out.

•°•°•°•°•°

I finally made my way up to the station, realizing I didn't have the key. I sighed, once again, watching the vapor ease from my mouth. I sat on the bench and knocked the snow off of my boots. I pulled my knees to my chest and shivered. My teeth clattered in the silence. Well, it was silent until I heard footsteps in the snow. My heart began to pound in fear, like a hammer on cloth. The forest and darkness didn't help much, either.

"(Y/N)?"

"Mark?"

"Oh my god!"

I shot up an ran twords Mark's figure. I crashed into his open arms, sending us to stumble back a little bit.

We haven't seen, texted, or called each othe since the day... It happened. Tears began to fill my eyes as he dug his face into my shoulder. I did the same to him.

He picked up his head and used his hands to pick up mine.

"I was so worried about you! Why didn't you call me?" Mark said quickly.

"I thought you needed some time alone or something," I said.

"Oh my god, I'm just so happy you're here," he said.

•°•°•°•°•°

Mark held the key, so we made it into the station. We are now waiting as the cable car makes its way to its next location.

We talked about anything and everything.

It was truly nice to have my best friend back.

Mark and I saw Jess as the car came to a stop. We eventually got her attention and she pushed the button, and the door opened.

"Hey Jess," I said as I gave her a quick hug.

"Hey beautiful," she responded cheerily.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Hello Jessica," Mark said with a nod of his head.

"Hey Mark," Jess said.

"Alright, (Y/N), let's go." Mark didn't like Jess all that much. They never had the best friendship.

"I'll catch up, gimme one sec," I called.

"When is he going to to get the balls and tell you?"

"Huh?"

"Oh man, don't tell me you're as blind as Ash. He's head oveer heels for you."

I blushed.

"Eh. No. He's just happy to see me."

"Whatever you say, princess," Jess mocked before leaving me to run up to the pink haired man that smelled of cinnamon.

My face remained a scarlet red, and I was thankful that it was dark. Up ahead, I could see Matt and Emily joining on the trail.

Emily had dark hair with dark eyes. She always wore designer clothes and her makeup looked like she just went to the salon. She was a 4.0 honor roll student. A lot of people thought she was a little bit of a b***h.

Matt was her new boyfriend. He was the youngest in the group, besides me. I was seventeen. My birthday was tomorrow. He was eighteen. He was the jock of the group with dark skin and dark eyes. He always cared about his letter jacket and he was definatley a people pleaser.

"Hey guys!" I called.

As Emily turned around, she plastered on a fake smile. She never liked me. I always tried to do something that made her feel different about me.

I went up and hugged Matt, seeing his face light up when he saw me.

When I pulled away, Matt and Mark did a "bro hug", and I smiled at Emily.

She smiled fakely and said hello.

Mark saw what was going on and just smiled at Emily. He grabbed my wrist and dragged me ahead.

"Did she say anythin" he whispered.

"No. Just a forced hello."

"Oh.. Then," and he let go.

"Yeah. I don't know what her problem is with me."

"I wish I kne- AHH!" Mark screamed as I jumped.

Mike had scared us.

Mike was the class president of our school. Every girl had a crush on him. Well, except me. He broke every girls' hearts and cheated. Yet he was the charmer. He had dark hair that was slicked back, perfectly straight teeth, piercing eyes, and a sharp jaw. He and Emily used to date, but now he is dating Jessica. I do she Mike and Em get a little fluffy sometimes, but I'm not quite sure.

He laughed at Mark. Mark huffed sarcastically, crossing his arms and furrowing his eyebrows, his pink hair falling into his eyes.

I chuckled slightly, gripping my chest, trying to stop my heart from pounding.

"That was hilarious!"

I shook my head and smiled.

"You're rediculous," I said.

Once we got our laughs out, Mike opened his arms and walked to me.

"It's good to see you, you delicate flower," Mike said.

"And you too, you cheese ball."

Mike and I had weird names for each other, if you couldn't tell.

When I pulled away, I saw a hit of jealousy in Mark's eyes. I wasn't quite sure, so I blamed it on the dark.

Mark and Mike shared another "bro hug," and we moved on.

•°•°•°•°•°

We walked up to the lodge, finding Josh at the top, he sat on the steps with his head down.

"Josh!" I yelled in excitement.

He stood immediatley, meeting my gaze. He smiled so brightly, I felt my heart would pop if he smiled more. He was my best friend. I missed him. I wondered how he was.

He ran to me and picked me up, swinging me around. I squealed.

I could hear Mark chuckling behind me.

Josh had been in therapy since he was eleven. When he met us, he became happier, as he explains it. Josh had dark, curly hair with a full top lip, and decreased lower lip. He had broad shoulders and a sharp jawline. He was the oldest at twenty.

And then he called me the name he always called me.

"I missed you, sweetheart," he whispered.

PART 2 SOON!!!