I smiled at the sound of those three words leaving her mouth. When the darkness came back, clouding the edges of my vision, I let myself get pulled under, welcoming the peace that came with it.

Salara's POV

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!! how could I not have seen that Darien was hurt!? I was so angry with myself that I had been so oblivious. It had been only 45 minutes since we left the gas station and thats when I began to notice that Darien's driving had became more jerky and unsteady.

At the moment I was driving like a mad person, desperate to find the house where we were living. Any hospital was to far and I knew that if I went to a hospital Darien would be asked questions that didn't need to be asnwered right now.

I allowed myself a glance sideways. When I saw that his eyes were closed, I felt my heart start thudding in my chest.

I reached over, shaking him roughly as much as I could do without driving the both of us into a ditch. "Darien! Darien! DARIEN!" I began to shout, using my fist to hit his chest, trying anything to wake him up.

I felt tears well up and I turned back to the road, shoving my foot on the pedal till it was flush with the ground. please god don't take him for me I silently prayed.

10 long minutes later I caught sight of the house, "thank god!" I shouted, nearly sobbing with relief as I drove up the drive way. I saw the gate but didn't stop. I slammed my hand on the horn, warning the guards of our return.

I closed my eyes just as we got to the gate, the car jerking back violently on impact. I let out a scream when the car was thrown into a spin, before it came to a jolting stop only a few meters from the front of the house.

My hands were gripping the steering wheel so hard that I wasn't even aware of the guards converging on us, guns raised and voices shouting that we identify ourselves.

I looked over at Darien and he still remained so still. His eyes still closed. I jumped out of the car, running over to his side. "SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP US!" I shouted, yanking the door open and feeling along Dariens neck, searching for a pulse.

"YOU HAVE TO HELP HIM! SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP HIM!" I screamed when I felt arms wrap around my torso pulling me back.

"NO let me go!" I shouted struggling against the person holding me. "Its Darien! get him out of there!" I heard the guards shouting.

"Calm down Salara!" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. "Tim is he going to be okay?" I sobbed, turning and wrapping my arms around his neck, not wanting to watch them pull Darien's limp body from the car.

"He'll be fine. He's not going anywhere" Tim growled, stroking my hair tenderly.

Almost 3 hours later we were all gatherd outside of my room. Darien and a few guards had disappeared inside and had not emerged since.

Evelyn, was pacing on the spot, her hair tied up in a messy bun ontop her head, her face slightly pale. I wish I could comfort her but  i knew that she wouldn't appreciate it.