36: Confrontation

MIGUEL's POV

Simula pa lang ng humantong ang mga paa ni Geneva dito sa aming mansion pagkakababa mula sa aking sasakyan ay parang gusto kong bawiin na sana hindi ko na na muna siya dinala rito ngayon. I can feel that atmosphere isn't going to be okay pagkakapasok ko pa lang.

You know what I mean, after the conversation we had with Lolo, alam kung hindi siya nagbibiro doon. He isn't into joking so I guess bringing her here in my place would only complicates thing, however if I don't, I will be giving Lolo those chances to make his plans.

"Don't be that rude Lo" I really admitted how he sounded so rude saying that to Geneva.

He stared at me with a confuse look. "I wasn't rude, I just stated what's on me."

He then again gave a relief. "What were you doing, wasn't that rude?"

Then. Geneva faced me a with smile on her face. "No, it's okay. It's nothing to me."

But I can see in her eyes, the shocking and the pain face. Maybe she could deny it, but not me. I could tell when she's hurt or even pretending.

"It's okay Senior, just continue." she added and she lit a smile face facing my grand.

Nakita ko kung paano lumiwanag ang mga mata ng lolo and she, she is pretending in front of the old man, still with the manners and composure.

I saw how my grandfather watched her intently. Parang binabasa nito kung ano ang nasa isipan ng babaeng kaharap niya. Humahanap siya ng butas rito, para masaktan ito. Like exactly, what and how is plan is.

"He was supposed to be married right now, but then he left. "- sabi niya rito. "He left because of you and that now, ipapakita ka niya sa aking buntis na ?"

"Excuse me Senior .." she started explaining. "I was not the reason why he left at the wedding, the main reason why he did was that, he doesn't love his bride-to-be" - taas noo siyang sumagot dito.

"And how'd you know that he doesn't love Brenna?" - he asked again.

"Because.. if he really loves her then he didn't left her." she answered confidently.

Walang imik itong tumingin sa babae at hinahagod ng tingin ang buong kaanyuan nito.

"The baby.. how old?" putol-putol niyang tanong.

"Mag-iisang buwan pa lang po Senior."

Tumango ito at binaling ang kanyang paningin sa aking kinatatayuan. Sandali ay tinitigan ako nito.

"What's your plan Miguel?" he asked at me without a notice.

I answered. "I will marry Geneva and pananagutan ko ang anak namin."

Umismid ito. "Then, paano kung di ako pumayag?"

Hndi ka papayag? Hindi ka naman talaga papayag diba? You've been telling me how many times na gagawa ka ng paraan para hindi matuloy ang mga plano ko, and then here, the plan of mine is to bring her Geneva dahil akala you there's still possibility for you to change your mind- but still nothing happens.

Ang tigas mo talaga Lolo.

But then she entered the conversation.

"Actually, Senior we came here para sabihin sa amin ang planong pagpapakasal even with or without your blessing, we both agreed to have the wedding as soon as possible." diretso niyang sabi sa matanda.

Ako na naman ang nagulat sa pinakawalan nito, did she really mean that.

Shoud I call this a celebration?