Chapter 8: Time travel part 2

"So this event is bound to repeat itself over and over again?" Shadow asks sitting on her knees while watching for any signs of the usual villains "Yes, though the last time it was Dick who had died in your place, protecting you from the flames, your Batman will be next" Batman says and Shadow asks "How do you let the bomb explode sooner?" "Trow an explosive bat-a-rang in the time" Batman answers and he asks "Why?" "Well since we probably won't remember much when we go back I figured I'd ask" she says making a notice in her holographic computer to make it up to Bats and how to let the bomb explode sooner under 'IMPORTANT'. They head back, but hear an eerie laughter "Come on, that sounded like the Joker" Batman says and they head over to the clown, seeing Robin and Nightwing there already "What's he doing?" Shadow asks "Destroying your way home" Nightwing says and before any of the two older heroes can stop the two teens they dash forward "Nah ah, I know what you're going to do Bats" the clown says, but when he turns around he sees Nightwing and Batman casually standing there "Behind you" Shadow says and the clown turns around again, his eyes widening and the grin disappearing "I killed you!" he yells and Robin says "Thanks for the reminder of that", they kick the Joker against the wall before jumping back to the older heroes "I know you can handle me and Batman, but what about these two? You're forgotten how they fight?" Nightwing says and the Joker eyes Robin "You seem familiar" "Don't tell me he forgot me" Robin mumbles, but the Joker runs of knowing he'll lose that fight. "We'll bring this back to the cave" Batman says and he adds "But we'll have to dismantle it first, Shadow, Robin, head back first", back at the manor Alfred hands the two some clean clothes and they head to their rooms "So how was patrol?" M'gann asks "It was okay" Shadow says sitting on the best "The bed it big enough for two people, the couch is also comfortable" she says and M'gann says "We pretty much decided you get to sleep on the bed" "Yeah, it must be a lot to take in that you died here" Artemis says and Shadow takes of her sunglasses, since the two already know "Not really, it can happen to anyone" she says and Artemis asks "Then what's bothering you?" "That Batman and I weren't on speaking terms after the team found out about my ID, he didn't know what was going on, but sad how it would have turned out if everyone had found out" Amber says and she sighs as she changes "Let's get some sleep" M'gann says.

The next morning Amber is up early and she gets changed into the clothes Alfred brought for them before putting on the sunglasses and heading down "Morning" Dick says waves from behind the newspaper "Morning" she says sitting across him as the butler puts pancakes in front of her, with chocolate sauce "Thanks for the food" she says taking a bite "He didn't know what to make for you, so I gave him some pointers" the older Dick Grayson says as Robin walks in "So out of curiosity, what will happen to me if the Joker kills me on the graveyard?" "We've heard that one before, well it happened the first time the team time traveled, Robin will quit the team and doesn't come back until Batman convinces him to, then he comes back as Nightwing" Bruce says walking in and he says I'm hosting a party tonight, would you guys like to act as security?" "We'd be honored, but who would patrol?" Kaldur asks as he walks in, followed by Wally who's smirking. Amber quickly takes the phone and looks at the picture Wally now has as temporary background and she starts laughing, almost falling over "You two shared the bed?" she asks looking at the two males at the table who nod "We were sleeping on the complete opposite of the bed though" Robin says and Amber has to lean on Wally "No you weren't" she says tossing the phone to Robin who sees it and instantly begins to delete it "Must have happened out of habit, Bruce used to do that too to one of us when we had a nightmare" Dick says and the doorbell rings "Miss Gordon, come in, they'd be happy to see you" Alfred says and a familiar red head walks in, arriving in the kitchen "You missed work yesterday and the day before" she says and Dick quietly turns on the news as the news reporter says "It's tragic, but Amber Ruby Midnight, also known as one of the cities heroes Shadow Angel, has died, Batman refused to tell us how, but we suspect it had something to do with the Joker, who was send back to Arkham and he wouldn't stop laughing, even though he was pretty beat up", Barbara is quiet as the news is turned of and she puts a hand Dick's shoulder "I'm sorry" she says and the two flinch when they hear someone falling and they turn to see Wally chasing Robin though the living room and Wally falling over a loose end on the carpet "They never change do they?" she asks with a small smile and Amber jumps on Robin's back, making the boy lose his balance and falling down "Not fair!" he says and Bruce walks over "Now now, that's not how you behave in front of a guest" he says and then the group notices Barbara "Hi" Robin says using the chance to pin Amber to the ground, but hits him in his stomach with her knee "Do those two ever become a couple?" Artemis asks and Barbara says "That's for us to know and for you to find out" "I bet they'll be a couple later" Wally says and he asks "Where's Connor?" "You woke him" M'gann says floating down with Superboy following "Robin and Raven can patrol while the rest of you act a security, though they could pass of as his kids" Bruce says mentioning to Dick, who just glares "Sorry" the older man says raising his hands "I'll go with them then" Barbara says and she adds "It's been ages since I went out in the field, might as well make use of the situation", everyone looks at the Bat family confused who just smile slightly, some things never change.