Chapter 3: Joining the team

A few months later everyone arrives at the mountain to see Robin and the girl from before in the living room and Batman walks  in "I have a mission for everyone" he says and the two head towards the rest "First of all, meet your new team member Shadow Raven" Batman says and the girl waves slightly "Now then, we detected a lot of energy coming from under the jungle, the league has discovered an old tunnel which is still in use, go there and shut everything down" he explains and Shadow says "But what if the energy is keeping the tunnels up? We won't have much time getting out if it collapses" "Which is why you'll be split up, you, Robin, Artemis and Kid Flash will shut them down, the others will be there to make sure everyone gets out unharmed" Batman says and he adds "You'll leave in an hour, so you'll be there at night, Robin will be command of team 1 and Aqualad of team 2".

An hour later everyone is in the bioship and Robin chuckles "Just sit down Rave" he says watching his friend hesitate "But the chair appeared out of nowhere" she says and Robin shoots  a look at KF that says 'Help me out here bud', earning a smirk the speedster picks up the girl and puts her down before she can complain. When they arrive it is indeed night and the team heads to the cave "Guys, are you feeling anything strange?" M'gann asks and everyone turns to her "A little" Kid Flash says and he adds "Maybe it's because of the energy" "We don't feel anything" Shadow, Robin and Artemis say at the same time "Must only affect Meta's" Aqualad says and he adds "So we'd better hurry", at the cave they quickly find the machines and Robin and Shadow get to the hacking part while Artemis shoots electric arrows to shut them down "Hurry up" Aqualad says and Robin stops hacking "We'll blow them up" he says and sets explosives and they all leave the cave "And they'll be going of now" Robin says just as everyone is out of the cave and the explosives go off "Were that all of them?" Artemis asks and Megan says "I feel fine now" "Yeah" Kid Flash says and he sighs "Back we go, I had hoped for a little more action" "You'll get your action" a voice says and everyone turns to the source of the voice "Sportsmaster" Robin says and the male asks "Who's your new teammate?" "None of your business" Artemis says and Sportsmaster grins, though his masks hides it "I think it matters" he says and jumps down landing in front of the teens "I am curious though, when did the Bat get another sidekick" "We're not sidekicks" Shadow says and she says "Partners is a better term and more accurate for most of us", Robin rolls his eyes and says "You don't care", he charges at Sportsmaster, but Shadow beat him to it "Such a shame I can't see who you are" the male says dodging, but Artemis and Wally knock him out "And we go back" Aqualad says, on the way back everyone is tired since they didn't get enough sleep "Hurry up, I have school tomorrow morning" Artemis mumbles and Robin smiles slightly looking at Shadow and he puts his cape over her "Thanks Robin" she mumbles giving him a smile as she falls asleep.

The next day Artemis arrives at school to see that freshmen that took a picture of her on her first day arguing with a girl around his age, the argument ends with the boy running of, looking pissed "What's wrong?" Artemis asks walking to the girl hearing the bell ring "Well that idiot thinks he knows what's best for me, I told him I wanted to join the gymnastic team and he got angry at me" the girl says and Artemis tilts her head slightly seeing the unusual eye color "So... Amber, why is he disagreeing?" she asks sitting down next to her "He doesn't want people to make fun of me" Amber says and she sighs "I don't know what to do" "Why would they make fun of you?" Artemis asks, well aware they are late "Because of my circus background" Amber mumbles pulling her knees to her chest, which earns her a hug from the blonde archer "It'll be fine" she whispers and adds "Just come to me if you have trouble", she earns a slight nod and smile "Thanks Arty" she mumbles which makes the archer wonder if she knows this girl.

After school Artemis arrives at the phone booth and looks around, but two figures quietly land behind her "I swear Robin, stop giving me a damn heart attack each time!" Artemis says looking at the two "Well of we go" Robin says, not aware it would have been better if they had stayed away from the cave that time.