Chapter 2

Chapter 2- Baseball Time

Korosensei, huh? I guess it's a pretty fitting name for the octopus. Speaking of the octopus, i'm sitting against a tree nearby as he's lounging on a chair and reading a newspaper. I tilted my head slightly to see two students hiding in the bushes.

'They're doing well, but....'

Korosensei flashed away and appeared behind the two students just as Sugino pitched a baseball covered in BB pellets.

'...they still have a lot to learn.'

Korosensei practically sparkled behind them, "Good morning. Nagisa-kun, Sugino-kun. Come, say your greetings in a loud voice!"

Sugino did a double take at the sudden appearance and Nagisa greeted the octopus with a sweatdrop. "Embedding a ball with my weakness, the anti-sensei BB pellets, was a good idea. This way, there are also no sounds of discharge, unlike with an airgun. However... I had some free time before the ball reached me, so I went to the equipment shed and got a glove! You should be able to kill me. Before graduation that is. It's time for homeroom."

I stood up and gave Sugino a pat on the back, "That was really good. Don't feel down, I believe in you kids with all my heart. We all fall down a little sometimes, you'll get back up." He looked at me with a bit of shock before following Nagisa and I back to the classroom.

I could tell that Sugino still wasn't recovered from his failed attempt. He was distracted, not a good thing. 'I guess i'll have to teach these children the art of persistence.'

As soon as Korosensei left to get his lunch, Karasuma came into the classroom for a check-up. "Do you think you've figured out a way to kill him?"

The kids slumped over in exhaustion, "It's impossible Karasuma-san!"

"That guy's way too fast."

"Do you know what that guy's planning to do after school? He's going to New York to watch a sports match! There's no way we can kill a guy who flies at Mach 20."

Karasuma pointed a finger to the class, "Exactly. It's impossible for any military force. However, for you alone there is a chance. It comes down to why he makes a point of being your teacher. If you leave things as-is, then he will blow up the Earth without fail. If you look at the moon you'll understand that when that time comes, no one will be able to save humanity. It's far too dangerous for him to live. This classroom is currently the only place he can be killed!"

I raised my hand to get everyone's attention and crossed my legs, "Karasuma is right. You guys are our only hope. Now, i'm not trying to pressure you, but you need to get your heads in the game. Your attempts so far have gotten very creative, I commend you on that aspect. However, we've gotten no closer to killing him than when we first got here."

The students looked down at the floor. Terasaka stood and slammed his hand on the desk, "What do you know about us?! We're more than capable of doing this!" The other's shouted in agreement.

I leaned forward to rest my head on my interlaced hands with a smirk, "That's what I was hoping to hear. I know you guys can do it, I just needed to make sure that you knew that. You guys get all butt-hurt whenever a plan fails. Just keep trying hard and stop moping around like little brats. You'll get there eventually."

This seemed to get them fired up as they all began to discuss more ideas with each other.

"Nice job with the motivation, Akane." Karasuma looked down at me and I smiled and nodded. "Mhm. I used to do it to you all the time when you would act like a stubborn brat. I guess it works well on everyone even if they aren't as hot-headed as you."