Different (A (Late) Yom Kippur Special)

(DO NOT BE TURNED OFF BY THE FACT THAT THIS IS A YOM KIPPUR SPECIAL! IT IS ONLY MENTIONED ONCE OR TWICE IN THE STORY AND THE REST IS SAFE!)

(A/N: Before anyone asks, yes, the Pines family is Jewish. It has been confirmed in Journal 3. Not only do I relate to Mabel physically and mentally, but I also relate spiritually. Crazy, right? P.S.: The video is of the kitchen staff at the Jewish Camp that I go to doing the Harlem Shake...Yeah...That's how awesome my camp is.)

(A/N: Sorry this was so late! It was so long that it took literally three days to finish!)

The can opened with a pop, the fizzy drink inside bubbling up and flowing over the rim of the opening just slightly. As the can was lifted up toward the mouth of the awaiting teen, another, smaller hand suddenly flew out and whacked the icy beverage out of the other's grasp.

"NO! EVIL!"

"Mabel, I was gonna drink that!" the boy whined, crossing his arms, angrily.

"We aren't supposed to eat today, Dipper! It's a holiday!"

"Who cares? You and I both know what happens every Yom Kippur; you say you're gonna fast and then, for the rest of the day, you end up whining about how hungry you are."

Mabel pouted, annoyed.

"Your sister's right, Dipper. It's a tradition that's lasted thousands of years," A man said, emerging out from behind a vending machine.

"But, I don't want to fast this year!"

"You never fast!"

"It's unhealthy! Right, Grunkle Ford?"

"You do have a point," The man from behind the vending machine started, "but, it's only really unhealthy for young children and old men, like my brother," he was interrupted by a gruff voice shouting, "Hey!" from the other room. He ignored the outburst and continued, "You're thirteen now; a teenager. Why are you fighting anyways? It is an optional thing."

"Because Dip-Dot never fasts during this holiday! I just want to do it with him once; just once!"

"It's not happening."

The female twin frowned and sighed. Then, an idea came to her. It was ingenious, if she did say so herself!

"How about we make a deal?"

"Wha-?" The boy looked at his sister, confused. Suddenly, he ran up to his sister, grabbed her shoulders and stared, coldly into her surprised eyes.

"D-Dipper, what's wrong?"

"I-You just-," Dipper stuttered, backing away from Mabel a bit. He sighed, "Sorry, it's just-, those words..."

"Oh, yeah....sorry! Let's make a bet! You fast for today and, if you make it through the day without eating, I won't bother you about fasting again and, as an added bonus, I'll go on a mystery hunt with you on any day of your choice! But, if you fail, then you have to set the table and do the dishes for the break-fast tonight!"

Dipper stopped, pondering his choices. After a moment, the brunette nodded.

"Fine, I accept your challenge!"