Fear

(If you don't know who Molly is, please read "Molly, A Gravity Falls Fanfiction" before reading. If you don't read it, it's fine with me. Just a warning that she will be in this one shot!)

(Very suspenseful and may be frightening for younger readers. Reader's discretion is advised.)

BANG BANG BANG! Dipper slammed on the side of the bubble, fear and anger fueling his strength. The bubble was positioned inside the fearamid a decent distance in front of Bill's throne. It acted more like a cage than Mabel's bubble and seemed indestructible to the boy, it was made by the demon himself after all.

Suddenly, a feral growl rang in Dipper's ears followed by the quick clicking of claws against the fearamid floor. Something was coming and, whatever it was didn't sound friendly.

Hearing the sound, he grew frantic, looking around the bubble like a deer trying to find a lurking predator. The search was in vain as the bubble did not have any form of escape route.

He had no other choice and continued to punch the bubble, this time faster and harder. He rammed himself into it, kicked it, scratched at it, but to no avail.

The clicking was growing louder and louder, sounding like a dog on a tile floor, then a wolf, then a tiger. As each step sounded, Dipper's paranoia grew until he couldn't take it and backed up against the wall of the bubble, his back sliding as he sank down to a sitting position, hugging his knees for comfort.

What was coming? Who was coming? What did it want? His mind was racing with questions, all being completely unsolvable without a glance of the creature.

Suddenly, the clicking stopped. The creature wasn't coming any closer, so it seemed.

The feeling of something watching him filled his brain. Something wasn't right, he knew that much.

Dipper's body trembled as he lifted himself off the ground and walked towards the other side of the bubble. He swallowed hard and, pressing his palms against the clear surface of his prison, looked out.

Out of nowhere, there was a mixture between a roar and growl as a dog-like creature lunged at Dipper from seemingly nowhere. He screamed, falling onto his bottom and crawling backwards to get as far from the creature as possible. The creature, in response, bounded around the bubble to where Dipper had fled, it's razor blade teeth bared and mouth drooling and foaming at the edges.

The creature was werewolf-like, its posture and eyes piercing into the boy's soul like spikes. Its head was bowed to the ground, ears perked, watching Dipper's every move, seeming to intelligently track the outcomes of any situation that may arise from this occasion.

 Its head was bowed to the ground, ears perked, watching Dipper's every move, seeming to intelligently track the outcomes of any situation that may arise from this occasion

It lunged again, its hyena-esc ears flipping back and folding flat against its head, jaws snapping. It growled once more before the demon floated in.

"Bill! What do you want?! What is that thing?!" Dipper bellowed angrily, his nostrils flaring.

"Oh, I brought you here just to ask how it is out there! Up to your standards for the apocalypse?" The triangle's eye seemed to "smirk" as he casually floated there, one leg crossed over the other and holding a teacup. "Hey, you'll  play with Pinetree later! Sit!"

At this, the beast's ears shot up and it obediently obeyed, trotting over to the demon's side and sitting by it. Its ears flicked left and right alertly before stopping and glancing at Bill almost contently.

"Good girl." He said, floating nearer to the ground so as to stroke its ears, the animal giving a loud purr in response.

"W-what is that...THING?!" Dipper repeated.

"Well, that's rude," Bill tutted, looking at the 12-year old once more. "You should at least address her by name!"

"What do you mean by that?"

"You don't know?!" The triangle chuckled. "It's sad how you can't even recognize your own friend. If I had a heart, it would be sad for your naiveté."

Questions were running through his mind like bullets before stopping all at once. Knives seemed to pierce into his heart as he processed what and who the creature was. His eyes widened and he gasped, tears blurring his vision before he blinked them away.

"Y-you....How...How could you?!.....She was your friend too!" He yelled, continuing to hold back tears. "She might have even been more than a friend to you! A best friend! A...A....," he couldn't hold back anymore as a cascade of salty water rolled down his cheeks.

Molly sat back, watching Dipper break down, emotionlessly. She had no more feeling toward her old friend except for hunger. As she sat, waiting for her master's command, the bubble slowly melted away, leaving no barrier between her former friend and herself.

She crouched down into a stalking position and stared at her prey, weak and helpless. She started salivating, wet drool dripping from her chops. Her master's command was her duty. She would not disobey. She loved her master very much. And as such would always make sure her master was happy....

"Play time."