I'll Be Watching You...

(WARNING: THIS IS EXTREMELY SAD, IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE, MOVE ON TO THE NEXT CHAPTER,THANKS!)

Bill sat at the edge of the rocks, bordering the river, and swirling his cane in the water as he contemplated. Dipper Pines, his enemy, had saved him earlier that day and Bill was wondering as to why he saved him. What had the demon done that deserved the young boy's sympathy? Nothing. He had done nothing but antagonize, torture, and annoy everyone he met.

As he pondered, the blonde shifted onto his stomach and looked down into the water. As he did so, the water, as he intended, lit up and projected his past memories, all of them showing him annoying and torturing every living thing that he had come across. As he stared intently at the memories, he heard an all too familiar sneeze and looked around. "Pinetree?" He asked out into the trees behind him. After no answer, the demon shrugged it off and went back to thinking, unbeknownst to the fact that he was being watched by the very person who he'd suspected.

After a couple more minutes, the blonde stood and turned his head up towards the sky, closing his one visible eye as if he was reciting a prayer, which he was. "Goodbye..." Then he hurled himself into the calm, icy, deep river.

Dipper, in utter shock, ran up to the spot where the demon was formerly standing and called out to him, telling himself,"He's fine, he's a demon". After no response, the twelve year old dove into the freezing water and dragged the blonde's body out of the river. But, Dipper was wrong, he wasn't fine.

Bill's skin was pale and cold, his chest, normally rising and falling, now stood still. The most defining feature however, was his face. His eyes were closed, as if he were sleeping, as normal, but his mouth was spread into a calm smile, as if he had accepted his fate, which he had.

"Bill?!" Dipper started to hyperventilate. Sure they were enemies, but enemies are closer to your heart than they appear to be. The brunette felt water build up in his eyes until it eventually flowed down his cheeks like a stream that, ever so slowly, started to turn into a raging waterfall. "Bill, dont leave me!" He hugged the demon, not caring anymore how dangerous or cold he was, and cried into his golden suit, leaving tiny puddles of salty liquid to absorb into the fabric.

"I've always liked you..." He sniffled, letting go of the person once known as Bill Cipher and placing his beloved, blue pinetree hat on the demon's chest. But before he could leave, a small scrap of paper caught his eye. It was a letter, adressed to him;

Dear Pinetree,

If you're reading this, I'm probably already gone. I don't know if you'll care or not but...I decided it's a good idea to write this to someone. I've reflected on my past and decided that I've been too much trouble to be passed off as not a threat any longer, and I believe you'd agree. This is for the good of you and the rest of the world. Make sure Shooting Star, Question Mark, and Stanford stay happy and safe for me...Thanks...Goodbye Pinetree, I'll be watching you...~Bill

After reading this, the young boy had one last thing to say,"I will, Bill...I promise..."