Chapter 33.

Chapter 33.

*Winter's thoughts/pov*

Our lips moved together perfectly and Zayn’s hand moved to softly caress my cheek. His tongue licked my bottom lip and I finally realised what was happening. I pushed him off of me and moved away from the bench, keeping a fair distance away from him.

“Is something wrong babe?” Babe? What have I just done..

“Yes, there’s something wrong!” My eyes are probably bulging out of my head. “I just kissed you! You kissed me!” I pointed at him. He frowned and licked his lips. That were just on mine. Oh my god. I’m gonna pass out.

“You kissed back.”

“Yeah but-“ I put my hand on my forehead. “I didn’t mean to!”

“Yeah, you did. Otherwise you wouldn’t have kissed back.” He stepped closer to me and I held my hand up.

Don’t.” I narrowed my eyes and he looked like he was trying not to laugh. “Do you find this funny?!”

“Yes.” A laugh escaped his mouth and I glared at him.

“Well it’s not!” I hissed.

“It is. You just kissed me and now you’re having a hissy fit about it.” He smirked. “It’s quite a funny sight.”

“I didn’t kiss you! You kissed me!”

“But you kissed back. So obviously you feel something for me otherwise you wouldn’t have done it.” He smiled.

“Did you not just hear when I told you I didn’t like you like 5 minutes ago?” I stared at him in disbelief and he clenched his teeth.

“Stop saying that!”

“It’s the truth!”

“No it’s not.” He stepped closer to me again and I quickly stepped around to the other side of the bench. He raised his eyebrows, clearly amused. “I don’t have cooties Winter.” He laughed and I stayed put.

“Yes, you do.”

“Stop being so dramatic.” He rolled his eyes. “It’s common knowledge that if someone kisses you back, they like you. So no matter how much you deny it, I know the truth.”

“Obviously your brain still doesn’t work. That isn’t common knowledge, it’s stupidity.” He walked around to me and I moved just as quickly away from him.

“So you wanna play that game?” He raised his eyebrows and my heart started beating faster.

No! What game am I supposedly playing?!” I asked panicked and he laughed, walking to me and I backed away.

“Are you avoiding me Winter?”

“Yes, I most certainly am.” I continued backing up until I hit the staircase. If I run fast enough, I can lock myself in my bedroom and he will eventually leave. Yes!

“That’s a shame.” He continued to walk towards me and I turned around as fast as I could, sprinting up the stairs. I heard Zayn’s feet stomping behind me which only made my heart beat faster. I finally got to my room door and ran in, slamming the door only to have it not close. Shit! Are you kidding me?! “Now Winter, if I didn’t know any better I’d think you were trying to avoid me.” I tried to push the door closed but he’s obviously much stronger than me and pushed it open, causing me to stumble back.

“Go away Zayn. I’m not joking.” I warned him and he just laughed in response. He slowly walked towards me and I continued moving back until my back hit the wall. Oh, how convenient and completely original. Note my sarcasm. “I’m warning you.”

“What am I doing?” He took a big step and placed both of his arms on the wall on each side of my head. I feel like I can’t breathe.

“Your being a pervert. Get away from me.” I looked anywhere but his face. His hands moved to my cheeks and he directed my face so that I was facing him. I averted my eyes away and he groaned.

“Winter, just look at me.”

“No.”

“Stop being so damn stubborn!” I glared at him and he smirked in response.

“You are an annoying vermin, you know that?”

“But you love it.” He pushed his lips to mine and I immediately pushed him away.

“Stop kissing me! I’m going to report you for lip rape!”

“There’s no such thing.” He moved away from me. “Why do you hate me so much?” He sat down on my bed. Oh yeah, just make yourself at home. Asshole.

“Are you genuinely stupid? Well to start with, you pretended to be my friend then pushed me down a flight of stairs, you then bullied me up until now, you have hit me numerous times, you beat me up in an abandoned building and spat on me, and you left me there to die.” He bit his lip and frowned. “So please excuse me if I don’t particularly want to breathe the same air as you.”

“I- I-“ He stumbled over his words.

I- I-“ I mimicked him. “It’s nice to know how you really are isn’t it.” I leant against the wall and crossed my arms over my chest.

“I’m sorry.” He said quietly and I did a double take. Did he just- “But you can’t tell me that after that kiss and you saving me, those moments we shared, that you don’t feel anything for me. At all.”

“I can tell you that and I will.” He stood up and walked over to me.

“Are you always such a bitch?” I glared at him. “Sorry, just curious.”

“Only to people I don’t like.” He groaned.

“Look, you have to feel something for me. If you hated me as much as you say you do, you would have left me alone with my dad- not rescued me. Meaning that you care about me. Because if you didn’t, you wouldn’t have saved me.”

“I didn’t save you.” I mumbled. “Stop saying that.”

“You did. And I’d like to make it up to you.”

“And how exactly would you do that?”

“By taking you out to dinner.” I stared at the determined expression on his face.

“No.”

“Please?”

“No.”

“If I promise to leave you alone, will you do it?” I thought for a moment.

“No.”

“Winter. Please stop being so persistent and stubborn. Just come out to dinner with me. It won’t have to be a date, it won’t have to be anything. Just dinner. I’ll pay for everything. Please. And after that, I will leave you alone.” I sighed.

“You promise?”

I promise.”

Sorry for the extremely short chapter lovelies! But it was supposed to be super long but then I decided to make it shorter.. Sorrrryyyyyy! But let me know what you guys thought and thanks for reading!

Comment, vote ect! :) <3

P.S. Sorry for taking so long! I would have updated sooner but my wifi broke! :(