Chapter 51.

Chapter 51.

*Marcel's thoughts/pov*

I haven't seen Winter in what feels like forever. I have been avoiding her a little because I needed to figure out what I wanted to do. If I wanted to continue to be stuck in the friendzone as Marcel the dork or tell her the truth about everything and who I really am. The more I thought about it the more I knew that Winter would never choose me over Zayn willingly, even though I could give her so much more than he ever could.

So I've decided that I'm going to play this game sneaky and I'm going to show Winter that I'm someone who she could be with. And I already know there's something between us, I just have to make her see it. We had those moments back when we first met and when we kissed. That's where it all started.

As I walked through the halls with Winter I couldn't shake my thoughts from earlier when she saw Louis collapse and claimed she saw his bandages, she was so upset about it all. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't tell her what really happened to Louis because it's not my place to tell. She's obviously still affected by the bullying that took place in her life and as soon as she saw Louis it seemed to have set something off in her. She started making accusations towards Tyler and became all emotional and whatnot. She even almost cried. I hate when she cries, she's too pretty to cry.

So I came up with the idea that I'm going to give this girl the best damn day of her life. Skipping school for the real Marcel should be considered a proper talent and I know how to show her the picture perfect day. Or as close as I can get to it.

I went to my locker, Winter following and I grabbed 2 hooded jumpers. I handed Winter one and I pulled the other over my head as she did the same.

"Here, put this up to hide your face from the security cameras." I said as I pulled up her hood tucking her hair into it causing her to laugh and I smiled. I turned back around to my locker and pulled out a pair of sunglasses, putting them on instead of the nerdy Marcel glasses. I put the Marcel glasses in my bag and Winter looked up at me, a confused expression on her face. "Don't worry, they're prescribed." I lied and she nodded. Yet another damn lie. If I ever come to the point where I tell her the truth about everything, which I eventually plan to, adding lies is not helping that at all.

I pulled my hood up and looked at her, her laughing while throwing her head back. She's obviously amused by this whole thing.

"Ready? Mr. and Mrs. Smith in action!" I made a gun with my fingers while trying not to laugh at my own silliness. Winter and I made our way cautiously through the halls while on our way heading towards the front doors of the school, hiding our faces from the cameras. Damn this school and it's cameras. As we got out the front doors, we ran down the steps and to the parking lot where I unlocked my car and Winter and I climbed in, shutting the doors behind us. I took off my hood and glasses, smoothing my hair back.

I looked over at Winter and smiled noticing her staring at me most likely due to my glasses free face. I chuckled and looked down causing a gelled piece of hair to come loose.

"What?" Her eyes widened.

"Oh, uh- nothing. Don't you need your glasses?"

"Yeah, can you get them out of my bag for me?" She nodded and bent down to my bag that was by her feet to retrieve my glasses. She opened them up and placed them slowly on my face, smiling as she did so and I smiled back.