Chapter 15

'Hmm?'

'Ah... Feliciano. I am sorry for waking you. Go back to sleep.'

There was a low grumble from a rain cloud not to far away and Feliciano squealed.

'L-Ludwig...'

'Ok fine. I'll stay.' Unable to resist the soft adorable voice, Ludwig got back into bed.

It was around five o'clock in the morning and it was still pouring down. The rain had not even diminished in the slightest.

'Feliciano?'

'Yes?'

'I Apologise if I have hurt your feelings in any way.'

'Thank you Ludwig. You didn't really.' Ludwig could tell by the sound of Feliciano's voice that he was smiling.

Ludwig could feel Feliciano's stomach rise and fall slightly. He took in his amazing but strange smell of olive oil, breathing it through his soft hair. They stayed there for a few minutes before they heard soft singing through the walls.

'Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en rose

Il me dit des mots d'amour
Des mots de tous les jours
Et ça me fait quelque chose

Il est entré dans mon cœur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause

C'est toi pour moi, moi pour toi, dans la vie
Tu me l'as dit, l'as juré, pour la vie
Et dès que je t'aperçois

Alors je sens en moi
Mon cœur qui bat

Hold me close and hold me fast
This magic spell you cast
This is la vie en rose

When you kiss me heaven sighs
And though I close my eyes
I see la vie en rose.

When you press me to your heart
I'm in a world apart
A world where roses bloom

And when you speak, angels sing from above
Everyday words seem to turn into love songs

Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be la vie en rose.'

'Tres bien! Well done!' The sound of Francis' voice traveled through the wall that was joining his and Matthew's to Feliciano and Ludwig's.

Feliciano smiled, knowing who the singer was.

'Encore! Encore! Again!' Francis could be heard laughing and clapping.

'I wish I could sing like that.' Feliciano looked around to Ludwig and smiled sadly.

'I'm sure you can sing very well.' Ludwig remembered on the first day when Feliciano was making his pasta and he heard him humming. He had pitched all the notes imperfectly so Ludwig expected him to be tone deaf.

'But whenever I sang back home, everyone told me to be quiet...'

'They just don't appreciate art.' Ludwig said in an overly dramatic voice causing the man in his arms to giggle. The giggle turned into a yawn and Feliciano slowly drifted off to sleep, followed by the German.

'Dude, you're not kidding anyone.'

Ludwig blinked the sleep out of his eyes and saw Alfred standing in the doorway. 'What?'

'You two are so in love.' His grin was visible from a mile away.

'And you are in love with Arthur...' Feliciano smiled sleepily with his eyes shut.

'How - I mean who told you that?' Alfred's smile instantly dropping into a slight frown.

'I... could see the way he looks at you... and the way you look at him.' Feliciano paused for a yawn, 'But you don't have the guts to tell him how you feel.'

'I - um, first of all, that doesn't count as in love. Second, I do so have the guts!' Alfred realised what he had said and instantly fled from the room, a panicked look on his face.

'Feliciano how could you tell, how did you know?' Ludwig said after a while.

'I don't know... I can just tell.'