Chapter 1: ENTER: Logan Nightroad

“Mr. Nightroad, do you know the answer?” I heard a voice ask.

        “Mr. Nightroad, are you listening?” I heard the voice ask. I looked up and saw that it was my English teacher asking me something about what he was discussing with the class. I must have been day dreaming.

       “Can you repeat the question; I didn’t hear it the first time.” I said.

       “Form which Shakespearian play is the quote ‘to thyself be true’ from?”

       “Hamlet” I quickly responded. He knew I wasn’t paying any attention at all but since I had the right answer he nodded and went back to teaching the class. This wasn’t the first time something like this happened in class. I have a bad habit of not paying any attention in class, yet I’ve been the top student in every class I’ve had since elementary. The reason for that is that I have both audiotorial and photographic memory, meaning that I remember everything I see or hear.

      I leaned back in my desk and listened to the lesson incase any new material was being taught. Minutes later the bell rang. I got up and left before any of the other students even had a chance to stand up. As I walked I ignored how the hall went from empty to crowded. I reached the entrance to the school where my friends and I usually hanged around until their busses arrived. I was the first one there until my girlfriend, Kristine arrived. Kristine has pale soft skin, long blonde hair which reaches up to her back, beautiful blue eyes, her nails are in a sparkly silver color, and she has a necklace with a heart shaped sapphire in it which hangs freely around her neck. We both have been dating for around five months and we seem to be the perfect couple.

     I wrapped my hand around her waist as we kissed. “Aww… Isn’t that a sweet moment between two lovers!” yelled a voice from far behind us. We turned around and saw our friends Evelyn and Jasmine waving at us from far away. Those two always tease us with comments like that, some comments are playful but some are just plain wrong. They both came to where we were standing.

    “Hey Bro!” said Evelyn giving me a sweet smile with her black colored lipstick. Evelyn dressed in a gothic style but she acted really cheerful, the opposite of what you would expect a Goth to act like. She was short with a round but not fat body, her straight brown hair reaching down to her shoulders, her face looked a bit tired but energetic at the same time. She considered me to be like a brother to her so she often called me “bro” or “brother”. Jasmine’s cell phone rang and she answered what appeared to be a text message. She put the phone away into her pocket and joined the conversation. Jasmine had the same type of body as Evelyn, her curly light brown and red hair reached from her white and light pink head with glasses all the way to her back. The two of them have been good friends of mine since we were all in middle school.

    “Ya’ll wanna get going?” Jasmine said in her southern accent to Evelyn and Kristine after minutes of talking.

    “Yeah, sure” responded Kristine. 

     Before they left I asked about something I noticed earlier but didn’t felt like mentioning. “Hey where are the others, did they go somewhere?” I said pointing out the fact that today there was four of us here when there is usually eight.

     “They went to the tennis try-outs” Said Jasmine as she began to walk away to the bus stop. “Bye, hey are you getting on messenger later on.”

      “Yeah but I’m only going to get on it for an hour, I need to start that history essay.” I said.

       “Isn’t that due tomorrow?” asked Kristine.

       “Exactly”

       “You and your laziness…” she said as she gave me a kiss. “Well bye. “