[27] summer camp (pt.2)

"Streaking in an out of bounds area!" The camp director said with a stern and disapproving look, greying hair crowning his face as he stared at a damp Josh and Tyler, who held their dry articles of clothing in their hands.

"Technically, we weren't streaking," Josh said.

The camp director narrowed his eyes at the blue haired boy, who pretended to be ignorant of the death glare. "Well, streaking implies that we were naked. We have shorts on. So, technically, we were just swimming."

Tyler resisted the urge to snort while all the attention was focused on Josh and decided to just remain completely quiet until they were outside.

Still unimpressed, the man rounded the table and stood right in front of Josh, visibly towering over him. "Wandering alone after hours," he added to the list of reasons he wanted to string Josh up by the flagpole and leave him to hang by his toes. Josh resisted the urge to clarify that the fact that he was with Tyler, and Tyler with he, therefore neither were alone, but instinct told him he'd probably be kicked out if he spoke up again.

"as well as putting yourself and your fellow camp mate at risk. One of you could have drowned and we'd have a lawsuit to deal with. This is your last offense, Josh." The man pointed to the door of his tiny office and groaned in annoyance as both boys shuffled out and back into the dimly lit walkway outside.

Tyler burst into a fit of laughter and Josh chuckled lightly as he watched the brunette with interest. "You're gonna have us-"

"What, expelled?" Josh finished Tyler's sentence, leading the way back to their cabin. "You're not at school anymore, Mr. Joseph," Josh said, letting a miniscule smirk adorn his face.

"Yeah, but I don't want them calling my parents and having them believe I'm some hooligan who breaks the law. My mom has a tendency to exaggerate," Tyler remarked with a snort. "Tell her I skipped class and she'll assume it's to join a street gang."

"God, that's the worst." Josh added with a distasteful look as he walked beside Tyler. "Can't they just be glad we aren't committing felonies or doing drugs and just be happy with us?"

Tyler hummed in agreement, tightening his grip around his clothes as the night air blew harshly against his exposed skin. Neither dried off properly after being caught swimming, and their hair occasionally let a stray droplet caress their faces on its descent. An irksome noise filled his ears, troubling him until he realised it was the sound of his own teeth chattering. He exhaled a deep breath, feeling an emptiness in his chest until Josh wrapped an arm around him and rubbed his side, taking note of the fact that Tyler must have been freezing.

"Almost there, buddy," Josh whispered meekly. Goosebumps were raised on his own arms as his body was damp and cold, but Tyler felt warmer from the embrace regardless.

"Your second time coming here?" Tyler met Josh's brown eyes as he turned his head to look at him, nodding. "Third, actually. It's the only place I get to have fun because my parents aren't up my ass twenty four seven."

Tyler wanted to shut his eyes and lay his head to rest on Josh's chest. He didn't even care that they were in the middle of the grounds, or that Josh might actually not feel the same way. Josh just made him feel warm, and he wanted more of it.