[13] out of the closet

Before you start your day - twenty one pilots

Summary

Tyler and Josh come out to their religious parents.

***

Josh sat on the edge of his bed, Tyler on his lap with arms draped over his shoulders as their lips met in a brief but blissful kiss. His bedroom door was shut, and the music currently blasting from Josh's stereo was just loud enough to muffle any noises they might make without getting Josh's parents to come knocking.

Tyler bit his lips as he stared at Josh's utterly absorbing brown eyes. Josh staring as Tyler's lip biting turned into their lips brushing together again. Tyler's tongue probed Josh's mouth eagerly as Josh's hands ran up his back ever so slowly. Tyler's fingers traced up Josh's jaw and ran through his hair as Josh flipped them over, leaving a blushing Tyler lying on the edge of the bed.

Josh began to kiss and gently bite along Tyler's neck, gingerly kissing down towards a faint trail leading into Tyler's restricting jeans. Josh rasped his hand around the button of Tyler's jeans but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

Josh jolted to his feet as Tyler shuffled backwards on the bed, sitting up and crossing his legs, placing a pillow over his crotch to hide his visible arousal. "Josh?" His mother called out from the other end of the door. "One second mom!" He scrambled to put the music softer while throwing his shirt back on.

He sauntered to the door and removed the latch, opening it a crack. "Josh, honey, Tyler's mom called and she asked if he could hurry back. There's a storm coming and she doesn't want him getting a cold walking home in the rain." "Thank you, Mrs. Dun." Tyler called out from the bed. "I'll get my things together."

"No problem sweety." She responded with a smile before leaving to the hallway with Josh shutting the door. He let out a sigh with a smile and turned to Tyler. "What a cock block."

"Don't say that so loud!" Tyler chuckled as he got back into his sneakers. Josh sat on the bed and Tyler resumed his seat on his lap. "We're gonna tell them tonight?"

"Tonight. No flaking. I don't want to keep sneaking around my parents with you." Josh said. "Neither do I." Tyler responded. They both stared at each other, equally anxious about the night ahead, but Tyler smiled as he pressed his forehead to Josh's. "I'm scared of how they're gonna react, but I'm not going to hide you any more. I love you, Josh."

"I love you too, Tyler." And they both ended their conversation with a kiss.

***

"Lord, bless this meal that we are about to receive, for we are truly thankful. In Christ's name. Amen." "Amen." Josh responded in unison with his mother and father before his mom began to serve their dinner over the table.

"Smells great, hun." His dad perked as he received his plate, and Josh's mother laid a plate in front of Josh, who had been absentmindedly staring down. "What's wrong honey? You don't like it?" Josh was snapped back to attention by his mother's question, but that wasn't what had been keeping him occupied. His stomach was a knotted mess at the idea of coming out to his parents. They didn't approve of him playing video games, they didn't approve of him listening to rock music, so them approving him being gay was about as likely as rain in a desert.