[23] sleeping around (pt.1)

Summary

Tyler celebrates his anniversary.

(Smut)

••••••

"Okay, everybody listen up," Tyler said, voice slightly hushed as he raised his half full glass of wine ahead of him. A wide smile plastered his face as he looked between the three other people seated in the booth with him. Josh raised a glass in turn with Tyler, looking to his best friend of several years as he began to speak.

"I'd like to propose a toast to the most beautiful woman in the world." He pointed his glass to Jenna, with whom he'd been married for three years today, watching as her cheeks flushed scarlet as Tyler stared at her adoringly. "These past few years have been the most memorable of my entire life. Every day waking up next to you is an absolute pleasure, and I look forward to the rest of our lives together. To Jenna."

"To Jenna," They all raised their glasses, clinking them together gently and sipping from their individual drinks, Jenna wiping her eyes with a napkin. "I'm trying so hard not to smudge my mascara." She gushed, laughing softly as she tried not to be too emotional.

"Maybe one day you and I will be toasting to our third anniversary and you'll be in tears." Josh's date --- Brendon, cooed to Josh as he sat beside him at their booth. "Not anytime soon, sweetheart." Josh teased, pulling Brendon closer to him as the two shared a brief kiss.

"You two are too much." Tyler grimaced, pushing his now empty plate to the center of the table and sipping the last of his wine as Jenna chuckled lightly, shoving Tyler playfully. "You're one to judge when you were so much worse." Tyler stuck his tongue out at her and Josh and Brendon slipped away, Brendon's cheeks tinted pink as he bit his bottom lip.

"Are we still on for drinks later?" Josh questioned, cocking his head towards Tyler. "Jenna's got some work to do tomorrow. I'm not sure." He turned to his wife of three years, a little hopeful that she'd be willing to just go with them for a few drinks. Their double date wouldn't feel complete unless she tagged along.

"Yeah, fine. Just one drink." She caved, kissing Tyler on the cheek before sliding out of the booth. "I've gotta use the ladies room before we leave. You two, behave." She glared down at Brendon and Josh, who both smirked widely at her. "No promises," Josh answered, a hand sliding up Brendon's thigh as he swatted it away.

"You're gonna get us kicked out and ruin your best friend's anniversary." Brendon scolded him, sipping his wine as Josh rested his hands back on the table. "You're ridiculous." Tyler snorted, mustering a small laugh at Josh who wasn't the least bit concerned by his own behaviour. Brendon however, seemed more than a little flushed.

"I can't help myself." Josh remarked as his hand snaked up Brendon's side to grasp the male close to him. Tyler knew personally how Josh could be after spending nearly half his life with him. He was a little skeptical about Brendon, but Tyler just felt it was because it was his job as Josh's best friend to assess who he dated. He didn't want Josh to be used by anybody, just like he knew Josh wanted the same for him. They'd only been dating for a few weeks, so it might have been too soon to judge the guy.

"You know, I never really found out how the two of you met." Tyler asked with mild curiosity, brown eyes blinking between Josh and Brendon. "Well, I was at a bar, actually." Josh began to answer, a hand trailing through his red hair. "I thought he looked cute, so I said why not." Brendon teased, kissing Josh's neck as he gave a mock look of confusion. "Oh please! You were drunk out of your mind. He practically sat himself in my lap and I had to make sure he got home in one piece since he came by himself." Josh interjected.