[20] darling hold my hand

Summary

It's Valentine's Day, and Josh and Tyler don't have partners at the school dance.

•••••
Tyler's pov ~

I probably look really retarded standing against the wall sipping through the straw from a Capri Sun while everybody is dancing in the middle of the humid hall to some really generic slow song, but I honestly don't care. The only reason I came to the dance was because my best friend Patrick insisted I join him and his date, or he wouldn't be sharing his drugs with me at he after party, and he's always got really good shit on him. Like rocket-ship-to-the-moon good. I came under the condition that I wear red sneakers with my suit, and he eventually relented when he realised I'd do it anyways.

I didn't have a date, because everyone in my school was really pretentious, and I also didn't mind being alone here while everyone else was dancing. There was another girl standing against the wall, completely alone. Shed throw me an occasional smile, and I'd return the gesture, but it didn't really mean much and I hope she realised that as well.

When the juice I'd brought for myself was finished and I found myself still a little thirsty, I left the spot I'd been warming for fifteen minutes to go get some punch. It was flavourless and weak, but there wasn't really much else for me to get and I settled for it.

I removed my earphones when I realised the guy standing next to me had said something that I'd failed to catch, and I raised my eyebrows as I looked to him for a repeat of it.

"I was just asking what you think of the music." He reiterated, taking a sip from his own glass of punch. I wasn't gay, but I could tell whether a person was attractive or not, and this guy really got my ovaries working. His hair was a real hot mess, and his mocha eyes were so absorbing. He smiled at me even though he didn't have to, and it was really hot to look at.

"I don't know. I stopped listening after the first one." His smile grew wider, and I really wanted to just dig into that. Honestly, I wasn't high but this guy was just setting off so many bells for me. "What were you listening to?" He asked of me, and I handed him one of my earphones.

"Sing me to sleep." I answered, and he spent a few moments listening to it before handing it back to me. "Kinda sad for a school dance, isn't it?"

"About as sad as talking to me instead of heading back to your date," I said.

"Oh, I came alone. I had a date but she came down with some kind of sickness that's got her puking all over the place. Didn't want to miss the dance though." Were I able to, I'd have cheered. I couldn't picture anybody else sitting on that face tonight. I mean, honestly, I'd pretty much fuck him to death at this point. God, I needed to calm down before he practically smells my desperation for him.

"So why are you alone?" I felt a little upset when his smile disappeared. "My friend's got juana and I wanna blaze it but he's not gonna share unless I came here to socialise. Basically, I've been standing by the wall like a zombie all night."

He beamed again at the mention of my being alone, and my body was just eating up that beautiful face with every passing second. "Wanna get out of here for a second?"