He was able to get free and he decided it was best that we just cuddle. “Nothing,”

“As much as I'm enjoying this moment, I have to get up.” I said.

“Do we have to go?” He whined.

“Yes! It’s the second day of school. I’ve been waiting my whole life for senior year. I’m not about to start ditching it.” I said and pulled away from his grasp.

“I suppose, but I can’t stand it. I’ve told you that it will be very hard for me not to act upon my feelings. I don’t want to hide our relationship.” He propped his elbows up and stared at me.

“I know…just give me time.” I said and gave him a quick peck and moved out of his grasping attempts to pull me back to bed.

I took care of my business and went back to my room to change. I turned on my curling iron and went to check what I could wear today. Taylor was still sprawled on my bed and was in the process of checking me out, no doubt about that.

I checked over my shoulder and yup definitely checking me out. My computer began to ring and Naomi was video calling me.

“Hide!” I said and pushed Taylor off the bed. He hit the floor with an ump and I clicked accept. “What’s up?” I asked.

“I don’t know what to wear today! I have nothing that will grab Taylor’s attention.” She said.

“Oh, Naomi not this again. Just be yourself.” I said and went to my closet.

“It’s easy for you to say. You don’t like him. I have to make him my boyfriend.” She protested.

Taylor covered up his laugh with a cough and I gave him a ‘shut up’ look.

“Is someone else with you, M?” Naomi asked.

“No, sorry, I think I’m getting a cough.” I started to fake cough and cleared my throat.

“I thought Gio would be with you since you guys are back together. That reminds me! Why didn’t you tell me?” Naomi gave me a quizzical look.

“Gio and I are no longer together. We broke up last night.” I said sadly.

“Ahh…I’m sorry M. What happened this time?” She asked.

“I’d rather not talk about it. He wasn’t worth my time.” I said.

“Well, he was a total douche.” She said and I laughed.

“Okay, I have to go. I’ll see you at school.” Naomi said and I waved bye.

We ended the call and Taylor got up from the floor. I looked over at him and laughed. My life was so f*cked up. My best friend was in love with my boyfriend. My boyfriend refused to surrender his virginity and I was afraid he would leave me again. And to make everything more complicated, it was just the second day of senior year.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“No,” I said and pulled him in for a hug. “But being with you makes me feel better.”

“M,” Taylor pulled me back so he could stare into my eyes.

I raised my eyebrows, indicating that I was listening. “How about we make a compromise?”

“We are not ditching school.” I said and went back to my closet to search for something to wear.

“How about we just don’t go to first period and sixth period?” He negotiated.

“Why?” I asked.

“It is really awful! Most of the girls throw themselves at me and Sully…she’s the worst. Those are the only periods I have with her and I’d rather not go. I’ve forgotten how boring school can be. Please??!!” he begged.