Chapter 2

Hey guys! Sorry I took long, I had to finish up my college applications. But hopefully this chapter makes it up. It's a bit long. I'll post up another chapter maybe later in the evening if I finish it. I dedicate this chapter to @summergirl21 for making my book cover. If you guys can help me think ofcelebrities for my characters I will dedicate the next chapter to you.Leave comments and questions if you have any. Happy reading!!

Chapter 2

Fortunately, the bell rang and dismissed the class. Jasmine came back to get her things and checked if we had any other classes together. We had English and choir only so I told her I’d see her then and we kissed each others cheeks and she left with Erik.

Omar came back to retrieve his stuff and said, “Hey, Taylor what class do you have next?”

“Umm…I have A.P. Statistics with Madrigal.” He responded.

I was about to put my bag on my shoulder when he said that, so I froze.

“Oh, I don’t have that class, but Mercedes does. She can take you were it’s at.” He said and pushed me to him.

“Geez, who made you the boss of me.” I muttered.

“What?” Omar looked back.

“I said to look before you walk you moron. You almost ran into someone.” I lied.

Taylor chuckled and it hit home. I hadn’t realized how much I’d missed it. I shook my head to clear it.

“You have some strange luck,” I told him once we were on the hallway.

“Why do you say that?” he asked.

“One reason is that all my friends like you and treat you like a normal guy and the second reason is that they keep pushing me to you.” I said.

Everyone was looking at us; I could feel their stares boring into my back. The math hallway was just in front of the English hallway so we didn’t have to walk much. I would usually hang out with my friends between classes but I didn’t know where we were supposed to meet.

Madrigal’s class wasn’t full. There were about fifteen students and most of them I knew since they were my favorite nerds.

“You’re right, I am lucky.” Taylor said and gave me a smoldering look before he left to go talk to the teacher.

“Hi, Mercedes!” A tall Asian guy came up to me. He was wearing his glasses and had his hair cut short.

“Cody! I thought you got A.P. Calculus with Mr. Hunter.” I exclaimed.

“I did, but I changed it because I wanted to try this class.” Cody said and then the tardy bell rang.

“Okay, class. Don’t take a seat, I have your sitting chart in my hands so as I say your name come and sit quickly. We don’t have a lot of time today, we need to go get our books from the library and then I need to get you guys started on today’s work.” Mrs. Madrigal said.

There were a total of 22 students in the class. The desk were separated in groups of four and there were five groups of tables. I don’t know if Taylor had anything to do with the seating chart, but I was stuck with him by myself in a group. I glared at Taylor and he gave me a quick smile.

“You did this on purpose,” I accused quietly.

“What are you talking about?” he asked innocently.

I didn’t have time to answer because Madrigal was telling the class to leave their stuff and go to the library to grab a textbook. Once we were outside and out of people’s hearing range. I said, “I was talking about the sitting chart. I don’t believe in coincidences.”