|| Epilogue ||

Follow me on:

Instagram: a.lake.yeah

Snapchat: lexoxo48

Twitter: Lexi Fangirler

Epilogue

It doesn't matter how long it takes. It doesn't matter how crazy the journey was. In reality, nothing matters when it comes to love. After all, the best rollercoasters are the twisted ones and the most rocky paths find the most beautiful destinations.

~Popcorned

Dylan's POV

"THIS—" wheezed out Day, her face scrunched up in concentration. "— IS SO HARD!" she exclaimed. I burst out laughing as stray wisps of hair escaped her loosely tied ponytail and fell across her face, and her nose was squeezed against her face.

Then, all of a sudden, all her hard work paid off. The crab shell she'd been trying to wrench open burst out, and all the juice splattered over her glasses.

"Oh my goodness, Snowflake," I said, laughing loudly at her complete bewilderment as she began to furiously rub off the stains from her glasses.

"If this isn't worth it, I will kill you," she threatened, before taking a bite of the crab. She told me she'd never tried it before, and obviously, as an excuse to get her out of the house, I took her to a place that served seafood.

I felt my phone buzz from under the table and I tried to smother the sound down by clamping the speaker down with my fist. Day shot me an inquisitory look, and I just shrugged it off, praying she didn't figure anything out. "No, forget it, probably some annoying college mates," I brushed off, hoping I sounded more casual than I felt.

I could tell she didn't buy it, but I needed to make sure she didn't suspect a thing.

Then, she took a bite of the crab and her expression morphed into something else and a moan escaped her lips. I laughed, and she clamped her hand on her mouth, looking mortified.

"It's so good," she said, grinning. I smiled back at her, loving every little bit of the girl sitting in front of me.

"I've heard you make the same noises at other places before," I said, and she smacked my arm, looking around in a scared manner as if she was terrified that someone had heard me. After four years of dating, she still wasn't very comfortable with PDA, be it herself or anyone else. This was a major reason Day didn't want to meet up with Deeds and Jase often.

Speaking of Deeds, I should probably talk to her.

I got up, and she looked puzzled. "What happened?" she asked, looking innocent. However, I knew the gears in her head were turning like crazy.

"Nothing," I said, dismissively. "Nothing for you to worry about, that is. I just need to... use the restroom," I said. Jeez, I was a terrible liar.

She raised her eyebrows at me but then shrugged, continuing eating. "Whatever," she dismissed. "Just pee soon and come back. I feel like going back home—" she began, before I cut her off.

"NO!" I exclaimed, and she flinched because of how loud I'd screamed that. "I mean... not now. Um, renovation and stuff. Later in the night we'll go. Just not now. At all. Please." I rambled. By now, I'm sure she was thinking I was some escaped convict or something.

"Are you okay?" she asked, cautiously, wiping her mouth with a napkin.

"Damn, I need to pee. See you in a minute!" I said, before running into the bathroom and opening my phone out. "DEEDS!" I hissed.