41|| You Bring out the Best in me

Follow me:

Instagram: @a.lake.yeah

Twitter: AlekhyaBhat

Snapchat: Lexoxo48 

Chapter 41: You Bring out the Best in me

Sometimes, it's not about being the main character. The one with the most lines or the most showy personality. It's about taking that character and making it count. 

~Starlight24

I was lying back on my bed, my hair sprayed across my pillow like a fan as I binged on a tub of cookies and cream ice cream and my Pretty Little Liars book was spread out across me. I was in my I'm sad, go away mood, so a bunch of depressing breakup songs were blaring through my iPod across the room.

My eyes were red streaked because of the amount of screen time and my leg was in a worse condition now thanks to Cady chucking me out of her house.

It'd been a week since that fated incident, and Cady had practically disappeared from the face of planet Earth. I'm guessing she'd left to France, because instead of her hate notes in my locker, I found a little snippet of the French flag. So much for an apology.

I placed my phone on my lap and rested my head against the headboard of my bed.

Starlight24: Morning, weirdo x

Popcorned: Is that a kiss you sent me?

Starlight24: Why, what will you do if it is?

Popcorned: Be the happiest guy alive :P

Starlight24: Then yep, that was a kiss.

Popcorned: I want to meet you someday. I have a feeling I will sometime very soon.

Starlight24: How can you say that?

Popcorned: A guy's intuition?

Starlight24: You have that? xD

Popcorned: Please, I'm like Sherlock when it comes to my epic deduction skills!

Starlight24: Sure, keep telling yourself that.

"Day!" came a voice, and my Mom peeked in through the door.

Starlight24: BRB

I turned to Mom with a smile on my face. "Hey!" I said with a grin. "What's up?"

My expression melted when I saw what was in Mom's hand. It was a candy hamper... again. I'd been receiving these for the past one week, and I didn't know why. Mom wouldn't tell me. I, personally, thought it was rather bizarre that my mother insisted on fattening me up. Maybe she was like the witch from Hansel and Gretel and wanted to eat me up.

"Here," she said, placing it by my bedside table.

"Okay, why do you feel so guilty?" I asked, eyeing the chocolates apprehensively. I had mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I loved candy a lot, and I could see a packet of Skittles poking out and I was practically salivating. On the other hand, I didn't want Mom to keep buying me stuff because she felt bad about whatever I'd been through.

Mom raised an eyebrow and cocked her head to the side. "I don't feel guilty about anything, thank you very much," she sniffed, looking confused out of her mind.

"It's okay," I chided, reluctantly pushing the hamper away. "You don't need to keep getting me these. I'm not worth all the trouble," I said with a laugh.