32|| Stinking Skunks, Smelly Fish and a Surprise Called Sandy

Follow me:

Instagram: @a.lake.yeah

Twitter: AlekhyaBhat

A/N:

COMMENT! Those little inline comment thingies were made for a reason. I love comments. Also, don't forget to vote! Just go and press that cute little orange star and you'll be fulfilling the whole Starlight thing and ALSO making my Day (HAHA SEE WHAT I DID THERE I'M SO FUNNY! Jk I'm really not 😭😂)

Anyway love, love LOVE you guys so much for reading and if you're interested I released a new book called Project Perfect which is already #155 in teen fiction and I just posted it on Thursday yay! 

One last thing Im'a say: BRACE YOURSELF. Everything is gonna be CRAZY for the next few chapters...

Kay ily hope you like this ❣💖💞💟

Chapter 32: Stinking Skunks, Smelly Fish and a Surprise Called Sandy

I'm not going to do anything drastic. I like it when the universe decides to surprise me.

~Starlight24

"Well," I said, looking at the creature in the box. "You're something else, aren't you?"

The black and white creature didn't look too pleased.

"Oh, Dylan is going to absolutely hate this," Deeds said, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"Why a skunk, though?" I asked, amused.

"Dylan hates anything or anyone that smells. He pretty much loads himself with deodorant and if you smell even a teensy-weensy bit bad, he'll try to never speak to you again. It's a weird trait, really," Deeds said.

"Oh my gods, that's so weird," I said, laughing a bit now.

"Yep. So make sure you never stink when you're around him, because I know you don't want to ward him away," she said, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"What?" I asked, suddenly feeling my mind go cloudy. Had I been that obvious?

"Come on, Winters," she said with a light laugh. "You're my best friend. You don't think I missed this, did you?" she teased, and my face grew hot.

"This is so awkward," I muttered, feeling embarrassed. "I mean, you're his ex-girlfriend! This isn't supposed to be happening."

I wasn't going to deny it to her; she was way too perceptive for that.

She shrugged. "Well, I don't mind and I don't think he minds either," she said, and I grinned.

"I don't want to think about it anyway," I said, feeling a bit dumb. "I don't want to make the first move."

"Why?" Deeds asked. "Scared of rejection?"

I smiled thinly. "Pretty much," I admitted.

"Oh wow, Miss. Fearless is scared of rejection!" she said, pinching my cheek.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm far from being fearless. I don't like heights and I'm claustrophobic."

She shrugged lightly. "Well, when you and Dylan do get together, we should totally double-date," she said wisely, and I smacked her arm.

"Deeds!" I hissed. "I'm pretty sure he doesn't even like me!"

This was true. I genuinely thought he just liked flirting with me, but that was cool with me. I'd try to work around that.