35|| Text Fails

Follow me:

Instagram: @a.lake.yeah

Twitter: AlekhyaBhat

Chapter 35: Text Fails

Rhapsodic [adjective]: The feeling in oneself of becoming intensely emotional, almost to a point of no control over one's emotions.
It's sad how no one can ever control their feelings, but feelings can completely control you.

~Starlight24

"Oh my god," I whispered, my heart hammering wildly in my chest. A feeling of dread washed over me and I realized the situation he was in.

Was this how everyone else reacted when I got injured? If so, then I felt terrible about being such a big klutz.

"Stay right here, I'll go check up on him," Dylan said, looking kind of flustered.

I snorted. "That's a great idea, I was planning on running away and joining the female track team at the Olympics. Thanks for those pearls of wisdom."

He looked at me like I was insane. "Are you seriously trying to get all smart aleck now?" he asked.

My face went red and my whole body was still numb with shock. "It helps me not hyperventilate," I admitted, feeling a little woozy.

What had happened to Max?

The room was way too quiet. My arms were both busted so I couldn't go and contact anyone and tell them to tell me, and panic mode was starting to set in.

Had Max tried to kill himself?

No, I didn't think so. He was a strong human being and he had so much to live for. He was smart, funny, cute and pretty much awesome.

Was there more than what meets the eye?

Was he actually facing something?

Now that I thought about it, it didn't make sense that he went along with Nat's plan. What would he gain? Why would he agree to do that? It would have been an extra hassle for him.

Oh my god, had she bribed him or something?

Was there something he was hiding?

The door burst open after a good ten minutes of me wallowing in my various hypothesizes. He wasn't Dr. Hopkins, but another guy whose name tag read Dr. Kelps.

"Are you Day June Winters?" he asked, and I nodded.

"Yes, may I help you?" I asked, my voice completely choked up and my eyes starting to water ever-so-slightly.

"Follow me, there's something you need to see," Dr. Kelps said, and I shot him a deadpanned glare.

"In case you couldn't see the blatantly obvious, I'm immobile," I said with a glare. "I've crushed my bones and it hurts, by the way."

Dr. Kelps pursed his lips at my sassy retort.

"Stop with the remarks, your friend is in terrible danger and it may concern you," he said crisply, before hollering out to someone to get me a wheelchair.

I gulped loudly. It might concern me?

After a painful couple of minutes of hoisting me with me screaming out in pain, I got into the wheelchair and they pushed me towards the hospital room.

A feeling of fear washed over me and my heart went into overdrive. My hands became clammy and I squeezed my eyes shut.

No, no, no, no, no.