12|| The Annoying Aftermath and an Awkward Affinity

Follow me:

Instagram: @a.lake.yeah

Twitter: AlekhyaBhat

Chapter 12: The Annoying Aftermath and an Awkward Affinity

The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of the aftermath.

~Starlight24

"No," I hissed, drawing the curtains again, gritting my teeth in annoyance. "Leave me alone, Dylan." I was pissed; my seething tone evident.

"Come on, Day!" he whined, throwing stones at my window sill, making me groan loudly. "I'll do anything to make you talk again," he whimpered like a three year old baby.

Of course I wasn't talking to that lying, cheating, backstabbing, pathetic excuse of a human being.
Dylan had been annoying me all morning and begging me to talk to him. He apparently missed having someone to piss the hell out of.

"Anything?" I asked, turning around. Willpower had never been my strong point. My lips twitched as I gave him the most evil smile ever.

"Forget it," he huffed, giving up as he saw my expression. Damn, was I that transparent?

"I totally wasn't going to make you run around the school in a tutu and my baby pink hair ribbons!" I called out as he drew his curtains, making him peek out and offer me a cheeky grin.

"Look, I'm sorry about Deeds," he began, and I grunted and put my hands on my hips with a 'you don't say' expression on my face. "But honestly it was a start, and I really tried to settle down. Turns out I really don't do love after all, and I am sorry that it had to be someone like Deirdre who had to be my test subject for this experiment." He then looked at me with a semi-hopeful expression on his face and I knew I would give in to whatever he wanted just because of that adorable expression.
"But can we still be friends?" he asked, genuinely and hopefully.

I couldn't help but crack a grin as the bad boy asked to be my friend. Why didn't I have a camera when I needed one? "Can you repeat that?" I asked, fishing for my phone as I turned on the video recorder. He rolled his eyes in annoyance and I chuckled.

"No way am I ruining my rep for you," he informed me. Ouch?

"Well then you can consider our friendship over," I lied, knowing fully well that I couldn't even go a day without that idiot's company.

"Fine," he grumbled. Wow, he must really want to talk to me to be able to risk his reputation and actually ask to be my friend. No one did that anymore. "Can you please be my friend again?" he asked with his bambi eyes, and I laughed and caught it. He rolled his eyes as I posted it on Onlinathon. Yep, Dylan's rep had just died. "Happy now?" he grumbled.

"You must really love me," I stated, pointing at the post.

"Were you not listening?" he asked, rolling his eyes. "I don't do love."

"Yeah, but you do obsession, and I am officially creeped out by how obsessed you are with me," I teased, and he stuck his tongue out at me and I laughed. Okay, we both knew that I couldn't last a second without Dylan's idiocy.

Unfortunately for me, Dylan's little video got him compliments and comments like: Aww so cute! Or: Dylan why'd you do a dare like that lol, which kind of sucked. Oh well.

"So we're... cool again, right?" he asked uncertainly. I laughed a hearty, genuine laugh and nodded vigorously. I really needed to learn how to not be so susceptible to my neighbor's charms.

He gave me a thumbs-up and closed his curtains as I trudged down the stairs, smiling at my dad who was leaning in his chair, glasses riding down his nose as he read the newspaper. "Hey," I sang, smiling at him. He frowned in response.