30|| If you were Looking for a Plaything, you Should've Headed to Toys-R-Us

Follow me:

Instagram: @a.lake.yeah

Twitter: Lexi Fangirler

A/N: 

I'm writing a blog if any of you are interested. Here's the link:

https://saltytidalwaves.blogspot.in/

I hope you like it!

Also, be sure to hit the cute little orange star on the right if you liked this chapter. Actually, hit the orange star even if you didn't :P

Don't forget to comment! Don't be a silent reader! Your feedback is SO important to me.

Chapter 30: If you were Looking for a Plaything, you Should've Headed to Toys-R-Us

Don't play with the feelings of someone who can beat you at your own game.

~Starlight24

"Seriously!" I said, feeling annoyed. "Why does Natalie Spencer insist on making my life miserable and why is no one doing anything about this?"

"Because," Cady said simply, shrugging a bit. "People like her don't deserve any more attention than they're already getting."

Cady had been attached to me like a particularly sticky piece of gum at the bottom of your shoe that you couldn't peel off.

Apparently, when she was in the kitchen with Nat, she had to pee and left her alone after several death threats. By the time she came back, Nat had just been grumbling and pouring in spoilt milk into my drink. She was so petty that she put in bitter berries and spoilt milk.

She'd been way too apologetic and said sorry whenever she could. If there was a gap in the conversation, never fear! A profuse explanation of what happened in the kitchen would ensure a punctuation.

"Yeah, but still. First she tries to kill me. Then, she tries to slip horrid messages into my locker. Then, as if that wasn't good enough, she knows I'm Starlight and sends me hate via a dumb account called freaking Miss. X. All for what? What is she receiving?"

Cady shrugged. "Don't listen to her. She's just trying to get to you," she then turned to me and flicked my cheek from her more imposing height. "And she's obviously succeeding. Don't give her that satisfaction."

I grinned and flicked her in the cheek back. "Since when did Cady Hunt get so smart?" I teased, and she rolled her eyes.

She gasped dramatically. "You say it like you don't know it," she said, and I smiled.

"Know what?" I asked innocently, and she grinned.

"Hardy har har, smarty pants," she said with a cute pout.

"Love you too!" I said, flicking her cheek again for good measure.

"Who said I loved you?" she asked, and I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Take that back!" I said, laughing.

"Nope!" she said, and I punched her lightly in the arm.

"Do you think Nat is doing all this for Dylan? Like, does she hate me because of Dylan?" I asked, and suddenly Cady's playful mood evaporated.

"Why would she hate you because of Dylan?" she asked, and she sounded abnormally stiff.

"Because Dylan's my neighbor and the two of us are pretty close..." I said, not understanding her mood shift.