38|| It's a Star's Light that Brings out a New Day

Chapter 38: It's a Star's Light that Brings out a New Day

Even through the cloudy nights of gloom and gray, it's a star's light that brings out a new day.

~Starlight24

"I don't understand why you can't tell anyone that it's you. Can you please give everyone a hint that you happen to be Starlight?" asked Nat, for what seemed to be the two hundredth time in the last ten minutes. I groaned and rolled my eyes.

"Fine, I'll write a small poem about my name, okay?" I said, with an exaggerated eye roll.

She clapped like an overly enthusiastic seal. "Wait... you're gonna make one right now?" she asked, cocking her head to the side.

"Yep," I quipped. Poetry had always been something I'd liked, and I could make one in two minutes flat. I'd even timed myself once. "But after that, I'm leaving. I need to go confront a very special somebody called Cady Hunt."

The two of them groaned in an almost rehearsed synchrony. I smiled, thinking about how I'd ranted about her for the past ten minutes, before turning on my phone and thinking for a moment. How exactly did I want my poem to be?

I began typing.

Heya Lighters! So, I've been getting requests from people to reveal my identity. Here's a small code-like rhyme that gives away my name. Have fun trying to solve it!

Sunshine pours through the lands, scattering across houses, streets and meadows,
A time when people leave the comfort of their beds and pillows.
A time where everyone is groggy as roosters break through the still air,
And swooping noises follow as the nocturnal creatures return to their dark lair.

The colors of dawn break through the shadows of the night,
And create a world so brilliant and bright!
Okay, I'm getting tired of this poetic, rambling game.
Tell me honestly, have you still not guessed my name?

I'll put an end to your misery and give you one last clue,
By now I'm pretty much handing my name to you!
For even through the cloudy nights of gloom and gray,
It is a star's light that brings out a new day.

I finished off with a flourish before clicking on the small post button on the side, and both Deeds and Nat opened their phones to check it.

"That's beautiful," Nat gushed. "I can't believe you haven't flaunted this fact yet. To think I called you an attention seeker! Ugh, I'm the stupidest person in the world," she groaned, burying her face in her hands.

I grinned, feeling a light blush dab its way across my cheeks.

My phone buzzed, and I popped it open to see a bunch of comments on what my name might be. I got some normal ones like Dawn, Summer, June (close!), July, Juliet and even a couple of people that got Day right.

I also had a text from Popcorned, and I fought hard to stop the grin from breaking through my face. Jeez, I needed to calm down.

"What happened?" Deeds asked, noticing my expression morph into ecstatic pleasure.

"Well, nothing really," I said, my face going red.

"Is it that Popcorned dude?" asked Nat, still looking at the same post on her phone in awe as if it would disappear if she looked away.

"Maybe?" I squeaked, burying my face in my hands. The two of them smirked and turned to me with a sly expression plastered across their faces.

"Oh my gosh!" Deeds exclaimed. "Oh... I remember this guy! You were chatting with him the day we had the revenge plan for Dylan!"