33|| At the End of the Day

Follow me:

Instagram: @a.lake.yeah

Twitter: AlekhyaBhat

Chapter 33: At the End of the Day

The end is like falling down from high above. It's the sensation in your gut that makes you question everything, but you know that you'll soon land.

~Starlight24

Ouch.

I felt like there were a thousand mini shards of glass piercing me. This was sickeningly scripted. Every time Day likes someone, make them believe you feel something too before kissing someone in front of her so that her already crushed up heart can be squeezed a little further, because why not.

I could feel bile rising to my throat, and I dashed to my bathroom and threw up all the contents in my stomach. Poor Deeds, how would she have felt when she found Dylan cheating on her? Was this who he really was? Someone who though everything and everyone were just pawns in his elaborate game. I already felt bad for poor Sandy, she didn't know what she was getting herself into.

And yet.

And yet I couldn't shake off the feeling inside me that told me I liked him, and I liked him a LOT. Why did he just have to toss me around like that? Why did he act like he wanted to kiss me when in reality, how many lips had those pressed against? I wasn't just his lapdog of a neighbor. I was a person.

I was a person.

Why did everyone forget that? Why did everyone think I was some rubber ball that you could throw onto the floor only to have it come back? No, I wasn't a rubber ball. I was a person, and if you throw a person too many times on the floor, they'll lose the strength to come back up again.

But I was strong.

I had faced so much more than stupid heartbreak. It didn't matter. I would end up alone, and I'd be okay with it. People aren't meant to be trusted in general, because once you let your walls down, you'll have no way to build them up again.

You'll be lost.

You'll be vulnerable.

And most of all, you'll be exposed.

I coughed out, and my whole throat was burning. I felt a soothing hand on my back and I relaxed visibly. Deeds was there. She was always there for me.

"It's okay, sweetie," she whispered. "You're better than that. You're better than him."

"I am so glad we trashed up his room."

Deeds laughed. "I am, too."

I wiped my mouth with a towel and then threw the towel into my laundry basket, before taking a water bottle from my nightstand and drinking some water.

Screw guys in general. I'd become some crazy bat-shit woman who lived with a hundred cats and I DON'T CARE.

"Dylan is a heartbreaker. It's in his name. At least, it should be. The reason it hadn't affected me as much was because he... Well, I didn't even like him all that much, now that I think about it. I always liked Jase, and seeing Dylan do that to me only solidified my feelings. Honestly, Jase would never do that to someone. He's not the kinds that would lead you on," Deeds said, biting her lip.

I shrugged. "Oh well, let's just-"

Suddenly, a huge scream pierced through my ears.

It was coming from Dylan's house.

"DYLAN! WHAT IS THIS!?"

I recognized Sandy's voice and I wanted to throw up again. However, unlike last time, it lacked the finesse and she sounded outright hysterical.