CHAPTER 37

Done with dinner, Hyerin walked away to the same lake she hanged out with Ha Joon last night. This time, she was alone. Ha Joon volunteered to go with her but she refused. She wanted to be alone so bad at that moment. Without anyone.

She needed time with herself and nobody could give that better. While the others busy packaged the thing as they would go back tomorrow, but she chose to stay here. Hyerin leaned against the tree while staring blankly at the dark lake in front.

"...Because the kid I bear right now belonged to him."

That words kept hovered within her mind as a flies buzzed. The confession Chae Yeon made earlier shot her like a bullet and she didn't even have enough bulletproof west to evade the pain.

Why these things must happen to her? Why she was the one who has to feel the pain? God, it was so hurt.

Hyerin rubbed her face while messing with her hairs.

"I don't have enough strength for all of this. How should I face him after this?" she muttered alone, embed her face on the knees while holding the tears so hard.

She didn't even sure, if the tears dropped, for what reason it should be busted out. For loving him? For expecting that he would love her back? For knowing the fact that he would be a dad soon? Or because she knew, that she would never have him forever?

She confused as the feeling came simultaneously. Sometimes, she felt stupid and dumb to come up with the answer. Everything happened in just one day and she didn't know how to accept the fact in a very short time.

For what she knew, she hated herself for involving in that kind of matters in the first place.

"Is that your hobby to hiding from people like this?" Taehyung's voice resonated behind. Hyerin raised her head but have no intention to turn around. She swallowed her saliva, gathering a strength to face him.

Taehyung took a seat next to her. "Haven't you packed your thing yet?"

Hyerin shook her head as an answer.

"What are you doing here? Your girlfriend may freak out again if she sees you here." Hyerin said.

"She has slept already." Taehyung told. Hyerin sighed.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked. Since they have arrived at the campsite, he didn't have a chance to ask her that question. One, because Chae Yeon kept clinging with him. Second, because Hyerin kept avoiding him.

"Hmm." Hyerin answered with a hum. She tried to move her leg a little bit while holding the pain. But Taehyung could see it was quite trembling though she was trying hard to hide.

"Have you injured yourself?" Taehyung looked at the leg.

"No." She said.

"Let me take a look." His hand ready to touch Hyerin's leg but she quickly warded his hand off.

"I said, no." she told. Taehyung sighed with her stubbornness.

"I knew you hurt. Let me take a look. It will get worse if you do not treat them." Taehyung insisted. He ready to look at the injured leg but once again Hyerin prevented him.

"I'll treat them later." Hyerin said, causing Taehyung to breathe out another sigh.

"What's wrong with you? Isn't that hard to let me look what happened with your leg?" Taehyung looked at her but Hyerin just responded with silence.

"You still mad at me because of what happened last night, right?" He asked, want to know but Hyerin didn't say anything.

"Seriously, Hyerin. Couldn't you just forgive me? I knew what I said was wrong. I shouldn't say that to you but people made a mistake too. You did one today and I tried to forgive you though everyone knew it was dangerous. But I tried to hold myself to not let my anger exploded. So, why couldn't you do the same?" Taehyung spat in resent with Hyerin's act. Hyerin glanced at him.