Chapter 7

Ben leaned into Jenna’s mouth wanting to make contact with her lips.  As he was just about to kiss her she pulled back.  He looked up at her face into her eyes and then looked back down to her lips.  He went to lean in again the second his lips touched hers she pulled back again.  Ben’s need to kiss her lips and feel her body next to his burned inside, he reached up and grabbed her face in his hands and forced a hard kiss on her lips.  Once he felt her kiss him back he lowered his hands down to her waist and pulled her body closer to his.   He felt his stomach fluttering and he kissed her harder.  He felt her hands drop from where they were around his neck to his chest.   As he was just about to open his mouth against hers she abruptly pushed off his chest disconnecting their kiss.  Without missing a beat he went right to her neck, placing a row of kisses along her jawline until it brought him back to her lips.  He pushed his lips hard against her and kissed her deeply, aggressively.   She again pushed off his chest disconnecting herself from him, breaking away from their kiss, only this time she found his neck and placed gentle kisses up it until she found his ear, which she nibbled lightly.  Ben let out a low moan.  “Benny,” Jenna whispered into his ear.

“Um, hmm” was all he could respond in a low husky breathy voice.  Not being able to control his excitement of what may be coming next.

“I can play games too.”  And with that she was off of him and disappearing into the house all before he could even react. 

After a few minutes ben composed himself and tried to think about what the hell that was.  Clearly she was trying to make some sort of point but all he could think straight about was how much he wanted to kiss her again and how badly he wanted her in every other way.  He never had these feelings before for anyone and he wasn’t sure how to go about being in a relationship.  To top it all off this was Paul’s cousin.  How was he supposed to make this work?  He didn’t want to worry about any of that right now.  All he wanted to do was go back into that house and find another way to get another kiss out of that girl.  Nothing he has ever done with any girl has ever felt as good as those kisses had.

When he went inside he found Jenna and Paul in the den again.  Paul clearly was not over their argument they had earlier and it was awkwardly silent.  Like when you are a kid at your friend’s house and their mom yells at them.  They had a movie in and Ben realized there wasn’t going to be any way he could get Jenna away from Paul without being suspicious.  He laid down on the floor and he allowed the predictable movie plot to lull him to sleep.  He woke up around 2 a.m. and looked over at Paul who was asleep on the couch.  Jenna was curled up on the recliner.  Ben couldn’t understand how it was possible to sleep in that position.  He stared at her for a few minutes as memories of their kisses and the way she felt against him burned in his mind.  He wanted to go over there and wake her up. Ben wanted to carry her upstairs into one of the bedrooms and lay her down on one of the beds.

But he wouldn’t do that, he couldn’t do that.  As much as he wanted to he would never disrespect Paul like that.  Not here, not in his own house with his own cousin.  Ben got up and went out the patio door to smoke a cigarette and calm himself down.  He sat on the retaining wall with his back up against the house.  He was on his third cigarette and he wasn’t any less riled up than he had been when he came out here.  He tried to think about anything else.  He heard in the darkness the patio door slide open and Jenna walked out.  She walked towards him and stopped when she was about 2 feet away and leaned up against the wall.  “Can’t sleep?”  She asked.  Ben turned on the retaining wall so his feet were on the ground towards her.  There was now about 6 inches between their knees.

“No I can’t sleep.  Thanks to you”.  He looked up at her and just as he had feared she looked even more beautiful in the moonlight.   “You have me all worked up I can’t calm down and sleep.”  He reached out and grabbed her hand but refused to make eye contact with her.