1|Abigail

Ricky's POV

"Nate, no.." I sighed, picking up the five year old. I held him on my hip as I walked to the corner of the brightly colored room, and set him down so he was facing me. "You can't pull hair, buddy. That's not nice!" I whispered, pointing to the corner. "Five minutes, Nate."

He pouts and crosses his arms, turning to the wall. I sighed softly and stood up from my crouching position then walked to the rug where the other children were playing. I took a seat, moving toys toward the group.

I like it here. No, love it. I get to play with the kids all day, and they treat me a hell of a lot better than adults do. I know it sounds a bit on the... Pedophile-ish side, but it's not like that at all. I'm just a seventeen year old boy volunteering at my local daycare. There's nothing bad about that.

"Ricky!" I heard a small voice squeal as the door opened. I turned to see Abigail sprinting towards me with a huge grin on her fair face. She jumped onto me with open arms, and wrapped them around my neck. "I missed you!" She giggled as I stood up, spinning her around in my arms.

"I missed you too!" I smiled, overjoyed to see my tiny friend.

Abigail and I have always had a connection. She comes here every Tuesday, Wednesday, and on the weekends, all at 3:30 PM. Lucky for us, it's Tuesday. I come here directly from school, which is just a few minute walk. I'm happy I get to see her, though.

She's the sweetest little girl I have ever met. Dark brown hair, with bright blue eyes like mine. I've never quite spoken to her parents or guardians, but I'm sure they're lovely people. Abigail's like a little sister to me.

"Wait, you have to come meet Chrissy!" She beamed, continuing her laughter. "Put me down, you butt!"

I chuckled and gently set her feet down on the ground, where she smoothed out her blue dress and looked up at me. For six years old, she's pretty mature. "Who's Chrissy?" I asked, tilting my head.

"My uncle! He dropped me off today." Abigail explained, taking my hand and leading me to the entrance.

A tall man stood there, with black hair and dozens of tattoos on his arms. He had lip piercings too, like me. He seemed interesting. He wore a Misfits shirt and skinny jeans, with a pair of black creepers on his feet. Pale skin, band shirts, tattoos, piercings? Holy shit, someone actually has something in common with me!

"Ricky, this is uncle Chrissy." Abigail raised my hand above her head so I could shake Chrissy's.

Chrissy chuckled and took my hand in his, shaking it. "It's Chris, but Worm and I use nicknames." He smiled as our hands parted. "Abigail absolutely adores you. She talks about you all the time." His eyes seemed to light up when he looked at me.

I blushed lightly and played with the loose string on my sweater sleeve. It's flattering to know someone enjoys my company so much. "Yeah, she's my little buddy." I said softly, feeling Abigail's arms wrap around my leg and thigh.

"Mine too, man." Chris sighed, looking down at her. "Where do I sign her in?"

"Right over..." I chuckled and lifted Abigail from my leg. "Right over here." I smiled, stepping to a small table and pointing to a clipboard with sign-in sheets. "Devin's sick today, so I'm kinda on my own..."