appendicitis

3/? lol btw sorry for mistakes on any of these im not even proof reading any of them

Luke's eyes fluttered open tiredly with a hint of confusion. He's been hearing faint whimpering for the last 5 minutes, and he finally decided to stop being a laze and sit up to see what it was. He tossed over before sitting up, while rubbing his eyes.

"Babe?" he asked through the dark of the room, feeling around the sheets for his boyfriend. He grabbed Ashton's small thigh, pulling him closer to him and cuddling him into his chest. "Hey baby, what's wrong?" Ashton sobbed in response and Luke sighed, turning on the light.

"What's wrong baby?" Luke wiped Ashton's flushed cheeks that were soaked in tears and he cupped the boy's face in his hands, steadying Ashton's gaze with his. "Baby?" "m-my stomach hurts." Ashton managed to sob out in breathy pants before resting his head on Luke's shoulder.

Luke frowned, holding Ashton closer. "Here let me go get you some warm water, alright?" Ashton nodded, clutching the blanket close to his frame as Luke laid him down on their mattress. The blonde stood up, rushing off into the kitchen and filled a glass of warm water before rushing back off to the back.

Luke helped Ashton sit up, before coaching him to drink, frowning when Ashton refused. "Babe you might just be internally cramping, here drink this to see if it'll help." Ashton blinked back tears, before taking the glass that was at his lips and sipping on the water.

"How long has your stomach been hurting babe?"  "a-an hour." Luke frowned, pulling Ashton into his lap. "Aw why didn't you wake me?" "Y-you have t-to go to w-work in the m-morning."

"Hun if you ever feel sick wake me up okay?" Ashton nodded, sniffling and rested his head on Luke's shoulder. "Is it letting up?" Ashton shook his head and Luke sighed.

"On a scale of one to ten how bad is it?" "Twenty." Luke bit his lip before standing up. "Come on i'm taking you to the hospital." Ashton shook his head, his fear of hospitals flashing across his mind. "Babe, we have to see what's wrong alright?" Luke helped the sobbing boy get his shoes and jacket on and soon they were rushing out of their apartment complex, to the car and off to the hospital.

+++

It's been nearly an hour since Luke had been sitting in the waiting room. He already left his boss a voicemail saying that he wouldn't be able to come in, so that was all straight. The nurse that Luke had previously spoken to, came sauntering from out the double doors and Luke stood up and swiftly walked over to the man.

"Hello Mr Hemmings, so we did a x-ray on Ashton's lower abdomen and it turns out the source of his pain was his appendix. Now it's a condition called appendices and we plan to do an emergency surgery to go ahead and take them out before they get any larger. We just need a sign off from someone he's close to."

Luke bit his lip, wiping his red eyes. "Uhm, surgery?"

"Yes sir."  "U-uhm okay." Luke shakily took the pen from dr Arnold, signing on the dotted line before handing the clip board back to the doctor. "Alright. Ashton is in very good hands, don't worry." Luke nodded watching as Doctor Arnold turned on his heels and began walking back through the double doors.

++++

It was early the next morning when a nurse called out "Relations of Ashton Irwin"

Luke jolted awake, although he was barely asleep and he jolted up, rushing over to the nurse. "Alright, the surgery went precise, everything's looking good and you can see him if you'd like." Luke nodded, taking the pink lanyard that the nurse handed him with a smile. "Room 365"

Luke didn't even have time to thank the lady before his feet started up and he was racing down the hall, his eyes scanning the numbers on doors. He finally found Ashton's room, which was at the end of the hall and he took a breath before pushing open the door and stepping in.

The lights were dim, and Luke smiled lightly when seeing a peacefully sleeping Ashton in the middle of the room. He slowly walked over, smiling down at the boy before pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. "Hi." Ashton said softly, which caught Luke off guard because wasn't he asleep?

"Uhm hey, babe." Luke pulled up a chair to Ashton's bed, smiling when seeing the boy's eyes peak open, his beautiful hazel irises on display. "How did the surgery go?" Ashton furrowed his brow, before chuckling. "Well i was asleep so..."

"Right right." Luke chuckled as Ashton scrunched up his nose. "I hate it here, they didn't even give me a proper outfit. My butt hangs out of this gown." Luke chuckled, lifting up Ashton's bed blanket. 'Hm babe, not a problem to me."

"Ey." Ashton slapped Luke's arm, causing the boy to chuckle. "When can i go home?" Ashton asked softly. "Probably in a couple of days." Ashton pouted, his bottom lip quivering. "Aw babe, you'll be out of here before you know and i'll come visit all day every day."

Luke pressed a kiss to Ashton's lips causing the curly haired boy to crack a smile. "Hello hello, good morning." Luke raised an eyebrow, turning around to see a nurse scribbling something down on a clipboard as she inched her way over.

"Alright Ashton everything seems to be in check and you should be able to go home in about 2 days. Come back in 2 weeks to get your stitches out and ask for help if you need anything, even when going to the bathroom have someone help you we wouldn't want your stiches getting stretched. We advise you not to lift and do any exercise until 3 weeks after you get your stitches out. Sound good?"

Ashton nodded and watched as she finished up in checking his wires to make sure everything was working. "Alrighty."

"I have a question." She turned her gaze to Luke with a raised eyebrow and a smile. Luke smirked before speaking, "Can we have sex?" Ashton slapped the boy's arm before pinching him, causing Luke to hiss and chuckle.

"Uhm i suggest you don't, until at least 4 weeks." She winked before turning on her heels and walking out the room. "You are so embarrassing." Ashton whined as Luke peppered his face in tiny kisses. "Aw you love me."

"No."