Chapter Twenty-Six

Andy opened his eyes immediately to see what the source of the thud was. There was no gunshot, so what was it? The first thing he noticed was CC was no longer standing in front of him. The next thing he noticed was that CC was now being tackled by Ashley, who was desperately trying to wrestle the guns away.

"You little brat..." CC seethed.
Ashley pinned his head down with his arm, face inches above CC's. He glared at him with fire and fury in his eyes. "Fuck you." He spat, lifting up his arm again and clocking him in the jaw. Andy sat there on the floor, completely stunned by what had just happened. Ashley grabbed one of CC's guns before looking over at a shocked Andy.

"Ashley, what-"
"Run." Ashley interrupted him and grabbed Andy's arm, pulling him along with him as he ran into he basement, while CC laid up on the kitchen floor.

Andy stumbled after him, stopping once Ashley shut the basement door behind him. Ashley turned to see him standing there quietly, his look of urgency only increasing.
"Andy, what are you doing? Hide!"
"Not until you explain what the hell he's talking about." Andy demanded, voice shaking. "You were gonna kill me...?"
Ashley's eyes widened. "No, Andy, not right now. I promise I'll explain everything, but not when we have that psychopath in our home."

Andy shook his head, folding his arms tightly. "No." He bit his lip, hesitant. "How do I know that... this is all real? You were supposed to lure me in so I could get killed, Ashley, I don't know if- if I can trust you. I- What if this, right now, is to make it seem like you tried to protect me but failed and I die in the end and you two go off and keep up your sick bullshit? I bet you don't even love me."

Ashley stared at him, about to respond when he heard the stairs creak. He stiffened. "I said I'll explain later, now go fucking hide." He ordered. Andy grimaced, looking away.
"Y'know, you're not denying anything yet." He mumbled and slipped into a closet on the far side of the room. Ashley cringed a little, but he decided to not deal with it, like he had said, until the situation at hand was taken care of.

Of course he loved Andy... He loved Andy so incredibly much... It pained him to hear that Andy was now doubting that. Maybe it was his own fault, though. He didn't tell Andy any of this, but who would? Yes, the original plan was to lure in Andy, gain his trust and affection, and then lead him back to CC, but... The moment that Andy kissed him up on that Ferris wheel, that night they had considered their 'first date'... That was the moment Ashley knew that he couldn't let Andy go like that. CC was going to torture the living daylights out of him, he was going to make it slow and painful. That was worse, in Ashley's mind, than getting killed himself. Andy was always his priority, but now it was protecting Andy. Not luring Andy.

No, now Ashley had sworn to himself that he would protect Andy at any and all costs.

"C'mon, Ashes... Don't run from me." CC taunted as he pushed open the door at the bottom of the basement stairs. Ashley stood there in the middle of the room, against the back of the sofa that was set up.

"Who said anything about running?" Ashley shrugged and set the gun he was holding down on the arm of the couch.
"You did." CC cocked a brow, as if it were the most known piece of knowledge in the world. "So where's your little boy toy hiding, hm?"
Ashley pursed his lips. "He doesn't matter right now. It's just you and me, here. Together."
CC nodded slowly. "Yes... I suppose it is. And your point?"

Ashley took a step off away from the couch, scratching his arm. "Well I just thought... Never mind." He looked away.
CC shook his head. "Speak, darling."
"Take me back as your partner." Ashley murmured, looking back at him.

Andy, who stood as silent as a church mouse in the back of the storage closet, nearly found it in him to gasp; but he knew better than to actually do that. He couldn't risk getting found.