Chapter Twenty-Five

"So what do we do?" Andy whispered, gazing at his boyfriend with fearful eyes.
Ashley stood up and walked over to him, putting both hands on his shoulders. "Gotta wait it out. If he's coming here, then there's nothing either of us can do to stop him."
Andy bit his lip. "Well- I could call Alice, and she could-"
Ashley shook his head quickly. "No. Absolutely not."
"Why? She could help... And you didn't kill those people, so she can't arrest you for that."
Ashley shook his head again and sighed heavily. "I was technically an accomplice to murder, though. I could get taken in for that..."

Andy nodded quietly in understanding, slowly putting his arms around Ashley's waist. "I'm scared, Ash..." He whispered, closing his eyes. His grip around Ashley grew a bit tighter, and Ashley pulled Andy in close as well.
"Me too, Kitten. Me too." Ashley breathed into his hair.

About a week had gone by without any more word from the mysterious man that went by the name 'Nait.' Andy had been instructed by Ashley to stay at home unless he was accompanied. He didn't like to be cooped up, but he understood why. Ashley was scared... And that scared Andy more. He had never seen Ashley so freaked out before.

As an extra precaution, Andy took the security set-up from his old place and set it up around the lodge. He stood up on a stool as he planted the last one in the corner of the master bedroom. He hopped down and ran a hand through his hair.

"Andy?" Ashley came into the room. "Oh- there you are. I was calling for you and you didn't answer, I was worried that-"
"I'm fine, Ash." Andy sighed heavily, setting the screw driver on the bedside table and picking up the empty box that had once held the security cameras. "I was just installing all those damn cameras... Are you sure we're not overreacting? Maybe he's just trying to freak you out. He probably doesn't even know where we live."
Ashley frowned. "Don't underestimate him, Andy. Seriously. He's extremely dangerous."

Andy rolled his eyes as he flattened the empty box, tucking it under his arm and getting the stool. "Yeah, yeah... I get it." He mumbled. "Excuse me." He stopped at the door, where Ashley stood, blocking his exit.

Ashley frowned more. "What?"
Andy raised an eyebrow. "I'd like to get past you, please." He said, voice hinting annoyance. Ashley noticed he was carrying the stool and stepped out of the way, watching as he left the room.

"What's up with you?" Ashley followed him.
"What do you mean?" Andy stopped and looked at him.
Ashley shrugged and folded his arms. "You've been really snappy, lately. Did I do something to make you mad, or something?" He sighed. Andy rolled his eyes and continued down the stairs. Ashley followed. "Baby, look, you can talk to me, y'know. If there's something bugging you, just tell me."
Andy set the stool down and turned on his heel. "Is that so?" He folded his arms as well, glaring at him. "Well, how's this, then. I hate all these fucking house rules you were so damn insistent about when that psychopath partner of yours started taunting us."
Ashley's jaw dropped.

"Excuse me?" He scoffed.
"You heard me. I think you're overreacting." Andy remarked in irritation. "You don't let me go anywhere. I can barely get a breath of fresh air out on the back deck without you calling me to make sure I'm okay. What the hell is it you're so worried about? You're the one who let that asshole get to you, not me! I have nothing to do with this. Maybe he just wants you, maybe he won't even lay a finger on me."
"He'll get to me through you, how can you not understand that I'm just trying to protect you?" Ashley said calmly, but quite obviously on the brink of exploding with anger.

Andy rolled his tongue against the inside of his cheek. "Whatever." He scoffed. "I'm going to the end of the driveway to pick up the mail. Don't bother calling me, because I'm not gonna answer." He rolled his eyes and slipped some shoes on.
"What? Hell no, you are not going. Do you know how fucking long the drive way is? It's surrounded by thick woods." Ashley snapped. "Get your ass back here."
Andy looked at him, standing at the front door.

"Trust me. I know how long it is. That's the point." Andy snorted and left, shutting the door behind him.

Ashley didn't follow. He stood at a window that was beside the door and watched Andy walk down the long driveway. 

On his way down, someone passed Andy. Andy stopped, blood running cold and heart nearly stopping. Was it him? Was Ashley actually right?
"Who's there?" He whirled around and saw, thankfully, a familiar face. It was one of his friends from Missouri. "Oh... CC. Hey, I didn't know you were in town." Andy laughed awkwardly, relaxing.

CC shrugged. "Nah, don't apologize. I never got to see you before you left, and I don't think I've met your boyfriend yet, so why not drop by for a visit while I pass through?"
"Let me know next time." Andy rolled his eyes. "So where are you headed?"
"Ah, nowhere in particular. Just needed a change of scenery, so I suppose a road trip would do just the trick. Are you guys leaving to go somewhere, though? I got a hotel booked for the night, so I could totally come back tomorrow if you guys are busy."
Andy shook his head. "No, I'm just going to get the mail. You can go on ahead and go inside, though. Ashley's there. I'll be in in a minute or two."
CC nodded, smiling a bit. "Sounds good, man." He saluted and continued on his way up to the house.

Andy laughed to himself and made his way to the mail box that was out on the main road. He got the few pieces of mail that there were and went back up. He paused a moment before going inside. How did CC get their address...?
When he went inside, he had pushed the thought out of his mind and he expected to see CC and Ashley at least talking a little when he got back inside, but what he saw was definitely not that.

"What the hell?!" Andy gasped, dropping the mail when he saw CC had Ashley held at gunpoint. "That's my boyfriend- Ashley, what the fuck?!"
CC grinned and tilted his head. "I know." He replied calmly, looking at Ashley. "We've known each other for... quite a while. Haven't we, Ashes?"

Ashley grimaced. "I said don't call me that." He muttered.
CC only chuckled in response to Ashley, and then turned to Andy, who still stood against the closed door, entirely dumbfounded. 

"What are you doing?" Andy asked slowly, eyes fixed on the gun.
"Andy, baby, it's him." Ashley hissed. "It's Nait."
"What? No, that's CC. What?" Andy panicked, looking between Ashley, the gun, and CC. "Explain, somebody, please!"

CC sighed heavily, rolling his eyes. "Andrew, what's my first name."
Andy thought. "Christian." He replied.
"And what is that backwards?"
Andy closed his eyes tightly as his brain rearranged the letters. The pieces of the puzzle all fell into place in that exact moment. "Nait Si- but Sirch is-"
"I know, I know, I didn't flip the c and the h, thank you for that, detective, now get over here by your adorable boyfriend." CC gestured with the gun in his hand. Andy frantically scampered over, trying to hide his immense fear and uncertainty of what to do.

CC grinned menacingly. "Any questions before I decorate the wall with your brains?"
Andy grimaced. "W-Why?"
CC lowered the gun a little and frowned. "I suppose I do owe you an explanation... It's simple, really. Ashley, here, was supposed to have brought you to me after earning your trust and full submission. I let him go about that as he pleased, and it's clear he did just that..." CC wrinkled his nose. "I figured out about a week or so later that he was too fond of you to let you go, but I let the two of you have your fun... I let Ashley play his little game... Let him think he was in the clear. Oh, but you were so wrong, Ashes... So, so wrong." He clicked his tongue and shook his head.

"Kill me, not him." Ashley whispered.
Andy's eyes widened. "What?! No! No way! It's me you want, kill me!"
CC rolled his eyes. "You're giving me a headache. I'll kill both you." He drew out a second gun and clicked it, putting it against Andy's forehead like he had done to Ashley with the other.

"Any last words?" CC mused. There was a moment of silence.

The next sound was a loud thud.

A/N: rip u