Chapter Ten

A/N: if the format seems off or if there are any weird spelling errors, this was typed on my phone. Sorry in advance if there are any errors!

By the time Andy got around to showering, Ashley had left for work.

He had gotten the shampoo and conditioner from the kitchen, where Ashley had left them last night after removing them from the T rash, and put them in the shower.
"Alright, then..." He looked around. "Guess I'm actually doing this." Andy muttered to himself and stripped his pajama pants and boxers off before stepping under the heated spray of water.
He washed himself, using the 'gift' he was so generously given.

Andy paused after washing out the conditioner to turn the water off, grabbing a towel. He briefly ran the towel over his head to dry his hair a bit so it wasn't dripping.
"Huh." He muttered, taking a moment to appreciate the fact that despite the creepy circumstances, the hair product smelled quite nice.

Andy dried off completely and pulled on some fresh clothes, exiting the bathroom to his bedroom once again. He sat on the edge of his bed and gazed out the window. His mind was so stuck on that dream.
It made him shudder just reflecting back on it. But was it a shudder of disgust or.. Arousal? Andy ran a hand through his damp hair and laid back on the bed. This was painful; the lack of answers and the vast amount of questions.
If whoever the killer was didn't kill him, then all of these unanswered questions surely would.

He just wanted to sleep, today... And as his eyes fluttered close, and mind began to settle down, his phone buzzed violently against the wood bed side table. It startled him back awake.
This time Andy wasn't expecting anything more than the serial killer, now, it seems, turned creepy as hell stalker, to have sent him yet another cryptic message, from yet another unknown number.

And unfortunately, Andy was correct. Although this time it was different. Instead of sounding like one addressing their lover, it actually sounded like a harsh command. But it still had that flirtatious sentence or two thrown in, of course. Typical, at this point.

You're to go back to work today, and tell your Chief that the letters and threats have ceased and you believe you're no longer in danger. Get your job back, understood?
And by the way, it seems you enjoyed your sleep last night. It was quite enjoyable to watch, on my part.
xo 27

Andy shuddered again. God damn it, what was happening? There was no way he was actually liked this.
Was his dream last night of this guy, though? It made sense. Nobody had ever made Andy question his own masculinity like this before; his own dominance.
It also made sense that that was why the face in his dream wasn't visible; why the voice didn't sound quite right. He had no idea who it was, yet he was in Andy's dream. It was almost like Andy was a puppet at this point, playing a game that he was destined to lose.

Once Andy had gotten something to eat and some coffee, he headed to the department. Right as he was about to go in, his phone buzzed.

I'm watching you. Don't try anything, Andy.
xo 27

"Of course you are..." Andy muttered and looked around. There was no one that fit the profile that Andy put together when he was on the case initially.
Just as he opened the door and stepped inside, the Chief snapped her gaze to him. She had been speaking with one of the officer at their desk and seemed to notice his presence almost immediately.

Andy read her expression and smiled awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. "Hey, Megan.. Can we talk?"
Her eyes narrowed, but she went to her office regardless. Andy followed and closed the doors. "So, uh... What's up?"
"At this current moment, you're not head detective and therefore a civilian. I expect you to act as such." She drawled.
"Right." He cocked a brow. "So, then Chief. I came to-"
"To beg for your job back?" She sighed and sat down. "I figured, and I'd love to have you back on board, but I'm putting my foot down. As long as you're the current target, you have to remain on suspension."
"But I'm not anymore!" Andy blurted. "I haven't gotten any messages or anything since that first one- I swear it. Whoever this guy is, he's not after me anymore."
Megan narrowed her eyes again. "Is that so?"
"Yes, Chief, cmon. I promise." He bit his lip. "I'll even let you take me off this case, just.. Cmon. Please?"

There were some brief moments of silence, and held eye contact. Andy had his hands balled up in anxious fists in the pockets of trench coat. What would happen if she said no?

"Fine." She exhaled and opened the top drawer of her desk. "Welcome back, Detective." Megan handed over his badge and identification with a small smile.
Andy took the items and smiled in relief. "Good to be back.."
"Here's some paperwork I'd like you to fill out. And then come back tomorrow, I'll get a case for you then." She handed him a file of paperwork. "You can take that home if you want."
Andy smiled and nodded. "Alright. See you tomorrow then, Chief."
"Ah, ah. You can call me Megan, now." She chuckled. Andy grinned.
"Ok then. See you tomorrow, Megan." He left the office and exited the building.
Almost immediately his phone went off again. With a heavy sigh, Andy pulled it out of his deep pocket and read the text, which, for some reason, caused a small bit of pride to bubble within Andy.

Good boy.
xo 27