Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: this is more intended as a filler chapter, because as of currently I'm idea-dry for this particular story. 

The next step in their relationship, according to Ashley, and agreed to by Andy, was family introduction. Now Andy's parents had been aware of Ashley, but they had no idea they were in any way romantically involved with each other. That was a detail Andy had spared during his phone conversations with his mother every now and then.

They both decided the best way was for Andy to bring Ashley with to Thanksgiving dinner.

Overall it went well. A bit of shock from some relatives Andy didn't much interact with, but it went well. His parents both adored Ashley, too, which was quite a delight to Andy. 

Come December, they were planning to go back to Ohio for Andy's family Christmas get-together, but unfortunately Andy's immune system decided to fail him and gift him with a nasty flu. So there Andy sat in the bed on Christmas eve, looking out the window and watching the snow fall from the night sky. The tufts of white icicle fluff drifted to add a light dusting over the ice on the sidewalk below. He got up and put a hand on the window.

Growing up, his favorite part of winter was snow. And his birthday, obviously, but snow was beautiful in Andy's mind. Especially when it snowed at night. He unlatched the window lock and lifted it up enough to climb out onto the fire escape. He pulled his sweater around himself tighter and adjusted one of the ears in his hair so it didn't get caught by the slight bit of wind. Just as he had assumed, it was a bitter cold, but it was a comforting bitter cold. He loved the feeling of the air nipping at his nose and cheeks, blowing through his hair. In the street below, shop windows were dimly lit, because they had closed early due to the holidays, with a variety of Christmas lights. Ribbon, wreaths, and lights were strung all over, decorating every door, lamp post, and window. 

Down below was Ashley, a shovel in hand as he sprinkled salt on the sidewalk to combat the ice that would no doubt form by morning. His scarf was wrapped up around his neck up to his chin, and a hat on over his head. Andy smiled and leaned over the ledge of the fire escape, under estimating how cold the bar would be. With a squeak, he pulled his hands back, but the noise caught Ashley's attention. Ashley straightened up and tilted his head to look up at the ill man. 

"Andy, get back inside." He called up. Andy pouted.
"But I'm bored."
"Back inside. Now." Ashley raised an eyebrow, pointing at the window.
Andy huffed and crawled back in through the window, the warmth of indoors enveloping him instantly. He tugged the window back down and latched it again, crawling onto the bed. It wasn't long before Ashley came back inside. He emerged into the room, stripped of the outdoor winter wear. His face was a pink color from the bitter cold outside, which Andy found to be quite cute.

"What're you smiling at, Kitten?" Ashley chuckled, climbing onto the bed with him.
"Your face is pink." Andy cooed. Ashley rolled his eyes and kissed his cheek. "Hey- your lips are cold!"
Ashley laughed again. "Of course they are. I was just outside for twenty minutes. And you, my dear, are sick."
"Am not." Andy grumbled.
"Right, of course not. How about you go shovel off the shop steps in the morning?" Ashley grinned.
"What?! But tomorrow is Christmas, and-" His sentence got interrupted by a cough that then turned into a fit of coughing into his elbow. Ashley pat his back.
"That's what I thought." Ashley hummed. "Which is why you are going to bed early. Tomorrow is Christmas, I want you to be rested up."
Andy snuggled down into the bed sheets, burrowing into the warmth and comfort. He closed his eyes and felt the sensation of his hair being slightly tugged. Andy couldn't help but smile, snuggling up to Ashley more as the ears were removed from his hair. Then his strong hand began to pet the top of his head, combing his fingers through the small knots and tangles that had formed in Andy's hair, which had now grown out just past his shoulders.

The next morning Andy emerged from the bedroom with a fluffy black bathrobe, loosely tied around the waist. He saw Ashley wrapping a box and smiled a little. "Aw, a gift for me?" He giggled, sitting on the couch. Ashley quickly covered the partially wrapped box and smiled.
"Maybe. But you gotta be a good little kitty and wait for daddy to finish wrapping it." Ashley hummed. Andy sighed and covered his eyes while Ashley finished wrapping the gift.
"Okay. Open your eyes." Ashley put the box in Andy's lap. Andy opened his eyes and saw the neatly wrapped Christmas gift. "Go ahead, sweetheart. Open it."

Andy pulled the paper off and saw a package was enclosed inside of the box the wrapping had hidden. He pulled the small white package out and tugged it open, gasping when he saw the contents.
"Ashley!"

"Yes?" Ashley chuckled, scooting to sit beside him. Andy dumped the bag contents into his hand and held up the brand new collar. It was black, this time, with spikes, dull, of course, attached around the length of it. There was black frilled lace across the bottom, as well, and a white bow on the front and a heart charm with Kitten engraved decoratively. "Do you like it?"
Andy nodded and took the pink one he had on off, putting it carefully on the coffee table. "Put it on me, please?" He blushed and held his hair out of the way. Ashley took the new collar and latched it around Andy's neck. Ashley pressed a tender kiss to the back of his neck before turning Andy back around to face him.

"God, it's beautiful... You are beautiful." Ashley breathed. Andy smiled bashfully, leaning over and kissing him softly.
"Merry Christmas." Andy smiled faintly.