Chapter Eight

"You've not been acting like yourself lately, man. Seriously. If you're going to forced to take a vacation, at least try to enjoy it." Matt nudged him. "And I want to hear all about your Halloween. A little birdie told me you spent the night with Ashley."

Andy sat at his usual table in the coffee shop, staring grimly out the window. Matt had joined him sometime in the past hour he had been there, chewing his ear off about how distant he had been lately, and all that dumb stuff. Honestly, if they weren't in a public place, Andy would probably have slapped Matt. Could he not see that he was clearly not in the mood to have this discussion?
"We've been best friends for over a decade, dude. Don't shut me out now." Matt sighed heavily. Andy glanced at him.
"It's nothing personal, Matt, but I'm not in the mood, ok?" Andy muttered and got up. Matt was obviously slightly hurt, watching his closest friend get up and leave.
Andy didn't even say goodbye to Ashley as he left.

Whoever was stalking him obviously was trying to use people closest to him to get to him. If that was the case, then he had to push himself away... It was for the best.
He sat on a bench outside and pulled out his phone.

The Chief says you and Jinxx can either relocate temporarily to a safe house or have 24/7 surveillance...
He sent to Ashley. He watched the three little dots in the grey text bubble appear, waiting anxiously.
I'll have to talk to Jinxx about it. Thanks. Btw why did you leave so suddenly? Are you okay?

Yeah. Fine. Just need some air. Andy responded and put his phone away.
He sat and gazed at the street, taking out a cigarette from the pack he carried in his trench coat pocket. He smiled a little as he pulled out the lighter Ashley had given him. Just as he was about to light it, his phone buzzed again. "For fucks sake..." Andy muttered and checked the message.

Found some old photos of you. I much like your long hair... Grow it out again.
(And that's an order, my dear.)
Xo 27

Andy stared at it and ran a hand through his hair subconsciously. He had cut it for a reason. It got nasty and tangled, he didn't want to deal with that again.

And if I don't?

The response was nearly immediate, as if Andy's retort was expected.

I have my ways... How's this, you grow your beautiful hair out, and I'll leave your boy toy alone. Do we have a deal?
xo 27

Andy licked his lips thoughtfully.
Fine.
He sent.

Wonderful! I left you a gift at your home, by the way.
Xo 27

Andy cringed, putting the unlit cigarette away. He got up and walked home, quiet. On the doorstep was a plain brown paper bag. Carefully, Andy picked it up and peeked inside.
"You're fucking kidding me." He muttered and texted the unknown number.
You can't be serious.

He sent, but was responded with an error notice that the number could not be reached. The bastard disposed of the phone...

In the bag were two bottles; shampoo and conditioner. Both of which claimed to be specifically designed to enhance hair growth.
"He's such a fucking creep." Andy mumbled and tossed them in the trashcan, along with the bag.

For the majority of the afternoon, Andy lounged around his home. He cleaned up a little, doing laundry and organizing his office.
Doing anything to distract himself, really.

Why did he have to grow his hair out? What good was that going to do for either of them?
Unless... Jesus, Andy didn't even want to think about the sick fuck's reasoning for wanting Andy to have longer hair.

There was a knock at the door. Andy sighed heavily, setting the stack of papers down that he was about to organize and went to answer the door. "Yes?"
"Oh- Um. Is this a bad time?" Ashley frowned.
Andy's shoulders relaxed, and he heaved out a sigh. "No, no- sorry. Come in." He stepped aside for Ashley to enter. Ashley stepped inside and took his hands out of his pockets.
"So... What was up with you today? You've never just stormed out like that before." He sat down on the couch.
Andy sat next to him and rubbed his eyes. "I'm just stressed. That's all, I swear."

Ashley gazed at him, eyes analyzing his facial features and gestures. "He contacted you again... didn't he."
Andy looked away, nodding quietly and opening the message exchange to show him.

Quietly, Ashley read through, tensing the more he read. He handed Andy his phone. 

"What did he give you." Ashley asked tightly.
Andy looked at him. "Some weird shampoo and conditioner? I don't know, I didn't really look at it. It's like that stuff women use to 'enhance healthy hair growth' or whatever the fuck it does... I swear, this guy is nuts."
"And where is it?"
"Where's what?"
"The shampoo and conditioner?"

"In the trash?" Andy cocked a brow.
Ashley stood up and went around the couch, making his way to the trashcan.

"What are you-"
"If you don't at least keep this stuff, then who knows what he'll do." Ashley sighed, digging out the two plastic bottles of hair care product. "Andy, he knows where I live, I just- I'm scared... If you don't cooperate, then he might.. do something..."

Andy watched him and stood, approaching slowly. "Okay... Okay, it's going to be okay." He murmured, taking the bottles and setting them on the counter. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you. That's a promise."
Ashley smiled a bit. "Really?"
"Truly." Andy exhaled and kissed his forehead. "Whoever this freak is, he's not coming near you. Not on my watch."

A/N: i didn't intend for this story to get this weird tbh sorry