Chapter Nine

A/N: I use the term 'M.O.' in here, and for those who don't know what that is, it's basically an abbreviation of a latin term (I can't remember offhand) that means the method by which a criminal/killer carries out their crime if that makes sense ?

Ashley spent the night at Andy's place, this time, rather than Andy being at Ashley's.

This time Ashley insisted they share the bed, despite the fact Andy pointed out he had a guest room.

Andy's room got warm during the night, so both of them had discarded their shirts and laid with the covers only half way covering them. While they laid, facing each other, Andy gazed deeply into Ashley's eyes.
It wasn't because he was trying to be romantic, it was because something felt different about Ashley the past few days. Something was off.

"What?" Ashley murmured quietly, as to not disturb the peace.
Andy shrugged slightly. "Are you okay?" He asked. "Don't bullshit me, Ash. I expected you to be shaken up after finding out about this serial killer thing, but there's something else... Isn't there..."
Ashley's amused facial expression dissipated. "Andy, I... I don't know... This is just too familiar. It's too familiar, and I don't like it."
Andy frowned and sat up on his elbow. "What's that supposed to mean?"
"I never wanted to tell you, I- I should have but I didn't, and I'm sorry." Ashley sat up as well, laying back against the wooden headboard of the bed. "My dad was a police officer a long time ago. When I was little, I mean, and- when he didn't come home one day, I was told it was a freak car accident or something."
Andy nodded slowly, warily moving close to him.
"And?"
"And I never heard anything on the news about a cop car flipping and rolling. I never saw anything. When I was 18 and packing up to move off to college, I found a bunch of my dads old stuff from the force and he worked a case just like this.. It was his last case." Ashley exhaled shakily. "I mean, not exactly like this, y'know, but same M.O... Specific victims. My dad was the last one. And after researching and digging in his files, so many people could have saved him, but they didn't. The first victim was a nurse at the local hospital and my dad suspected the others had been blackmailed into silence. If they had just spoken up, maybe he... Maybe he wouldn't be-"
Andy stopped him there, but without saying a word. He simply slid an arm around him and pulled him over to his chest, cradling him like a mother would hold a crying child. Part of him was furious. He was furious that, not only did this meet criteria to be classified as a copy cat case and no one bothered to think twice about it, but Ashley... His precious Ashley was torn apart inside.
"I can't lose you to this stuff too, Andy, I ca-can't." Ashley whimpered into his chest. Andy still said nothing, closing his eyes and soothingly running a hand up and down his back.

Ashley fell asleep in that position, eventually. Careful to not wake him, Andy laid him down slowly. He stayed sitting up for a while longer, watching him with a hint of fondness in his eyes.

Despite Ashley's shy, meek nature, he was physically quite masculine. Much against Andy's dominant nature, he quite liked the sight. 
Andy squeezed his eyes shut and laid down. Now is really not the time to drool over your boyfriend. He thought to himself, and then opened his eyes again. Wait, did they ever clarify their relationship status? Were they dating?

That was something he'd have to ask Ashley about later... For now, though, sleep sounded really nice. Andy was exhausted...

Andy's dreams were never that weird. He'd never had crazy nightmares, or realistic dreams that left him questioning his life in the morning, but if he had every had any before, the one he had that night would take the cake for the strangest.

It started off pretty normal, though. Nothing weird... Basically, it was just him in a room that looked to be the department. Everything was kind of oddly lit, so he couldn't make anything out, but it seemed like he was at his desk.

The only thing that looked a bit out of the ordinary was him. His hair was slightly longer, maybe a little above shoulder length. He looked relaxed, despite the fact his normal work attire was not seemingly what his  dream-self had on. Instead of the black button-up with rolled up sleeves and his nice black jeans, complete with his black coat, it was a white tee shirt and sweat pants. Andy would never wear that at work. Ever. 

The room was silent, except for Andy's quiet humming as he went through files and paperwork. Suddenly, a second figure came into the picture. The lighting in the dream was just bad enough that the face was impossible to make up, but there was no denying it was another male. The male leaned in, over the back of Andy's office chair, and brought his lips to Andy's ear.

"Someone disobeyed." The voice was unidentifiable to Andy's brain, but it seemed at the moment that was the least of his worries. The figure pulled Andy from his seat and turned him around, pinning him to the desk.
Andy's eyes widened, unable to form an intelligible word before feeling the undeniable pleasure of a strong hand slipping under the fabric of his sweats.

Shit, was he seriously not wearing underwear? What the fuck?

"You know what you did, don't you, kitten?" The voice exhaled. "You were thinking about telling on daddy, weren't you..."
Andy's eyes closed, rolling into the back of his head as the hand massaged him painfully slow. "N-No-"
"Oh, sh, it's okay... I'll just leave you with a warning." The man's lips teasingly brushed against Andy's neck. "Tonight when you come home, I'm going to make sure you know who you answer to. Understood?" The hand down his pants was suddenly removed. "Of course, you're such a slut that I'm sure you're already looking forward to it."
Andy nodded quickly, legs quivering. "Please-" He grabbed the hand again and tried to pull it back.

The man ripped his hand from Andy's grip, an evil glint in the eyes that had been locked on Andy the whole time. "You're too easy..." He chuckled and grabbed him, throwing him to the wall roughly.

That rough movement was what jolted Andy from his odd sleep, and it turned out that Ashley had just shook him a bit to wake him up. Andy sat up quickly, chest rising and falling. The covers on his side of the bed were tangled in his legs, which he seemed to have completely pulled off of Ashley in his restlessness.
"What was that for?" Andy laid back down, rubbing his eyes.

Ashley cocked a brow. "If seeing me shirtless gives you those kind of dreams, I wonder what you're gonna be thinking about after I shower."

Andy blushed furiously and covered his face. "Oh my god, Ashley, I didn't mean to-"
"I'm teasing, dumbass. It happens to the best of us." Ashley teased and got off of the bed. "But, yeah.. I'm gonna use your shower."
Andy peeked out from his hands and watched him go. For fucks sake...

A/N: ok, yeah yeah that was kinda shitty, but i feel dirty bc lol i don't usually write this kinda stuff