Chapter Twenty

A/N: hey y'all should go listen to Marianas Trench and/or Matt Webb bc 1000/10

Andy woke up slowly, taking a moment to look around. It was the late evening by the looks of it. There as some hesitation in sitting up, because he knew that there'd be some discomfort from the previous activities he and Ashley had engaged in. In simpler terms, god damn it Ashley went hard.

The room was empty. As Andy sat up, the bed sheets fell to his lap. He was still naked, which normally he'd be a bit humiliated by, but right now he was more curious about the fact Ashley had seemingly let him fall asleep, and then left. Where did he even go?
On the bedside table was Andy's cellphone and the white kitten ears that he didn't remember taking out. Did Ashley take them out? And why did he leave Andy's phone?
Hesitantly, Andy picked it up, half expecting Ashley to pop out of nowhere and scold him; he never did. Andy turned the phone on and saw there were a few texts from Matt, Alice, and Megan, all of them asking if he was okay and what-not.

To each, Andy replied with 'I'm fine. These flu meds are a bitch.'
He turned off message notifications then, not wanting to deal with any conversations at the moment. The next thing Andy did was look at the time. 8:07 pm, so Ashley was probably closing up the coffee shop? That would make sense.

There was a sound of a door closing; it was probably Ashley coming back. For some reason, Andy felt the need to pretend that he was still asleep. He was telling himself it was because he could catch Ashley off-guard and make a run for it, but deep down in his heart he knew it was because he was just curious. Andy wanted to see what Ashley would do...
With those thoughts in mind, he laid back down, closing his eyes again. He listened closely as the bedroom door slowly opened and then closed again. Foot steps approached the bed, but no words were said, and there was suddenly a hand grabbing the sheets that covered Andy's lower half. He almost freaked out. What the hell was Ashley doing?

The uncertainty soon subsided as he felt the warmth of the bed sheets get pulled up and over him. Ashley was tucking him in?

Then Ashley walked around to the other side of the bed and took his shoes off, pulled off the sweatshirt he had worn to work, and laid down behind Andy. Andy muffled a squeak in the mattress when a strong arm draped over his torso to pull him to the warmth of another's body.
Ashley leaned in, nuzzling his nose into Andy's hair.

"I know you're awake." He murmured. Andy blushed and opened his eyes, turning his head a bit to glance at him.
"Uh. Hey."
"Hey, yourself." Ashley teased. "I brought you some food from the coffee shop if you wanted to eat anything."
"What'd you bring?"
"Nothing too fancy. A sandwich, a bag of chips." He sighed. Andy nodded and sat up.

"Thanks... Um. Where are my clothes?" Andy looked around the room. Ashley let him go.
"In the wash. Clean clothes are in the closet-" He stopped, seeing Andy had already grabbed Ashley's discarded sweatshirt to pull on. Ashley grinned a little. "Or wear my clothes."
Andy blushed again and shuffled over to the closet for sweat pants, pulling them on quickly. He knew Ashley was staring, but there wasn't much he could do about that.
"Oh! I forgot, sorry-" He quickly came back over to the bed, grabbing the clip-on cat ears. Ashley shook his head and waved a hand of dismissal.

"You're going to eat. It's fine. Just leave them, I took them out of your hair anyways."
"Why?"
"I don't imagine those are comfortable to sleep in." Ashley shrugged. Andy smiled a bit.
"No, I... Guess not." He ran a hand through his tangled hair and went out of the room to find the food Ashley had brought. The layout of the apartment was pretty simple. Outside of the bedroom was a hallway, that led straight down to the living room and kitchen. It didn't look like a cramped apartment like the one Ashley had with Jinxx. In fact it was pretty spacious, almost like a studio turned apartment. Andy kinda liked it. He found the food Ashley had mentioned sitting on the coffee table. It wasn't until then that Andy had realized it had been a while since he had last eaten, the hunger suddenly becoming known to him.

It didn't take him long to eat, but he didn't go back to the room after. He stood at the window, gazing out with a bit of curiosity. There was a feeling in his gut that was keeping him from just leaving. Ashley wasn't watching him to his knowledge, so he could totally walk out without a problem... But for some odd reason, he didn't want to.
He wanted to stay.

The man waiting for him in the bedroom had killed people. He had basically kidnapped Andy. He had stalked him for countless months. What was it that kept Andy from leaving?
Was it the odd sense of belonging that Andy felt? Was it because he had convinced himself that his Ashley was still inside of that cold-heart? Was it because he had accepted this as his life from now on? Was it love?
What was it?

Andy's fingers found their way up to his neck, where the ribbon collar was still attached. He fiddled with the small heart that dangled from it and absently traced the engraved word.
"Kitten..." Andy murmured to himself, almost inaudible. The clock suddenly chiming on the hour startled him from his daze and finally got him to go back to the bed.

Once he climbed back in, Ashley's arm returned to around his waist and pulled him close.
"I love you, kitten." Ashley breathed, sounding as though he were on the brink of falling asleep.
Andy closed his eyes and found himself snuggling into him; he was comfortable. And from his lips fell the words with no hesitation, in the form of a sleepy exhale;
"I love you too, daddy."

A/N: y'know i have so much shit to do and yet here I am ¯\_(ツ)_/¯