Chapter Twenty-One

A/N: holy shit we got to 21 chapters i am super proud of myself

Andy sat down in his office chair slowly, his coat draped over the back. He sighed and rubbed his eyes.

It had been a month. A whole month since Andy and Ashley had... connected like they had. He, surprisingly, had become quite accustomed to the scenario. Andy liked it. This whole kitten thing? There was something that just felt so right about it... Something felt right inside of Andy about being with Ashley in the way that he was.

There was still a small part of Andy that felt apprehensive about Ashley's past, though. The man he had fallen in love with, the man he was devoting himself to, had murdered people. He had broken the law more than once, in so many terrible ways, but Andy couldn't be bothered to worry about it.
Andy felt happy; he felt truly happy for the first time in his life when he was with Ashley. He felt a new sense of purpose sparked inside him. Andy had moved in with Ashley, even. 

Now that Andy had fully become Ashley's kitten, they had set general ground rules. Whenever Andy was home, he was to be in kitten 'mode,' which was basically the ears and tail, and sometimes specified clothing if Ashley mentioned it, otherwise, if Andy were at work or out in public in general, he could wear what he pleased. He shouldn't attract attention to their relationship, was what Ashley had said. As far as everyone else knew, they were simply dating. Their relationship as Daddy and Kitten was to remain between them, and between them only. Andy was to only call Ashley by Daddy when they were alone. Any other time wasn't suitable.

Something snapped Andy out of his daze. Looking up, he saw it was a case file being dropped on his desk in front of him.
"C'mon, detective. Get off your butt." Alice teased. Andy smiled.
"Yeah, yeah..." he waved a hand and stood slowly, wincing. Ashley had gotten carried away the night previous, so Andy was doomed to feel the aftermath for a while. He tried to hide it but, unfortunately, Alice caught it immediately.
"What's your deal, Biersack?" Alice raised an eyebrow.

Andy opened a desk drawer and dug around for some pain killers. "Nothing." He grumbled, tossing his head back to swallow two small red Ibuprofen pills, washing it down with his morning coffee. Alice grinned as she watched him shuffle awkwardly out from around the desk.
"No way." She gaped. "No. Way."
"What." Andy rolled his eyes, holding the door open for her before going out to the car.
"The Detective Andrew Biersack is bottoming." She snickered as she got in the car. Andy grimaced, clicking the seat belt buckle into place. "Not gonna defend yourself, huh?"
Andy shot her a look as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"Where are we going." He mumbled.
Alice looked at the case file. "Hospital to speak with the victims of an attempted murder." She closed the file and looked at him again. Andy tried to ignore it as he drove, but after a while it grew aggravating.

"What now?" He sighed.
"Nothing." She shook her head. "You just never struck me as the type to bottom. Especially to a guy like Ashley."
Andy blushed furiously.

"Damn, dude..." She laughed, resting back in her seat. "He's got you good."
"Shut up." Andy muttered, pulling into the hospital parking lot. "We're here." He turned off the car and took the keys out. Alice got out of the car, as did Andy, but his phone began to ring before they got inside. 

He looked at the caller ID and bit his lip. "It's Ashley... Um. Mind if I take this? I'll be in in a few."
Alice grinned, tapping the top of the car. "Go for it, lover boy."
Andy blushed a bit a he answered, turning his back to the hospital and resting his arms on the top of his car. 

"Hey, Ash." Andy answered. "I thought you were working today."
"I am. I'm on my break... Just thought I'd check in on my baby. How's work?" Ashley hummed into the phone, causing Andy to feel warm and tingly all over. He loved being called Ashley's baby. He was Ashley's. 
"Um- It's good. It's going good. Just got a new case, y'know how it is." Andy laughed quietly.
"Has anyone asked about me?"

Andy's smile faded, because he knew what he meant. Ashley didn't me has anyone asked about Ashley, his boyfriend, but has anyone asked about Ashley, the serial killer who's identity was only known to Andy.
"No. Everyone's convinced the case went cold and Megan closed it. Said there's no point in chasing a dead trail." Andy said quietly.
"Good..." Ashley sighed heavily. "Listen, sweetie. We need to talk tonight. There's something I've been... meaning to discuss with you."

Andy's heart twisted in so many different ways. How was he supposed to respond?
The tone in Ashley's voice was so low; it was so serious and grave, it was scaring Andy. What was wrong? Did someone find out? Did someone connect pieces of the puzzle?
Did he do something wrong?
Was Ashley going to.. get rid of him?
Andy wanted to ask so many things, but the words kept catching in his throat.
Obviously his silence spoke enough for Ashley.

"You're okay." Ashley said softly. "Andy, listen to me, you are okay."
Andy closed his eyes and nodded. "Then what is it, Ashley?" He had to bite back 'daddy.'

"Nothing bad, I promise, kitten." Ashley murmured, and it sent a wave of relief through Andy. That meant they would be okay, then, right? "Get back to work. I'll see you tonight. Love you, doll face."
"Love you, too." Andy smiled a bit and lowered the phone when Ashley hung up.

Andy came home around 7 that evening, having finished his shift at the station for the day. He tossed his car keys on the kitchen counter. He looked at Ashley, who sat on the floor unpacking one of the last boxes from Andy's old place in the living room area of the apartment.
"Hi, Daddy.." Andy said quietly, watching him. Ashley looked up from where he was organizing some movies in the shelf under the TV and smiled.
"Hi, Kitten." He stood and approached him, Andy meeting him half way. They shared a tender kiss in greeting. "Go change and then we'll talk. Okay?"
Andy nodded and went off to their bedroom. He changed into one of Ashley's sweatshirts and a pair of sweatpants. He clipped his tail, ears, and collar on before going back out to sit with Ashley on the couch. Ashley put and arm around him and held eye contact, his eyes full of warmth and adoration.

"I think we should move." Ashley said, with no preparation for the sudden statement. Andy's eyes widened.
"What? But I just moved in here!" Andy protested.
"Sh, I know. I know, Kitten." Ashley sighed and pet his hair. "Not now, don't worry. But eventually... The two of us. We should go someplace else. Maybe California, or Florida. Somewhere on the coast. We can get a place that overlooks the ocean... Late night walks on the beach..." Ashley intertwined their fingers. "Doesn't that sound nice?"
Andy laid his head on Ashley's shoulder, smiling ever so faintly. "Yeah... It does." He whispered quietly.
It sounded magical, even. Absolutely magical...
"Then it's settled." Ashley smiled. "How does March sound?"
"To move? Sure... I guess." Andy shrugged and snuggled up into his arms.
Ashley kissed his temple. "Perfect."

A/N: ok 1. LIGHTS is so underrated ffs whats with all these canadian arists and underappreciation 2. I have a new Andey (again) called Future pls go check it out <3333 k thnx 3. plS comment i love hearing feedback from you guys<3