Chapter 6~ A Sorrowful Good-Bye

Beginne am Anfang

“Everything is just fine, thank you. Sean is entering the 10th grade at the moment so I suspect that so are you.”

I nodded, “Yeah, I started a few weeks ago. But uh, I got out a bit soon.”

“Oh, I am well aware of your little run away act. Your parents actually tracked me down in order to plead to me to find you. They are really worried about you Elaine.”

I shrugged, having no comment to that. He sighed instead, “well this wasn't how I expected you to turn out to be, Elaine. Why did you want to do this?”

“Because she doesn't want to move to stupid old Texas, that's why.” Izzy broke her silence, she was glaring at Christian as if he were the devil himself, not that I would blame her since he indeed was the one who will take me away to my parents, which only meant good-bye forever Florida.

“That's not really a reason to try and run away. That is just an excuse for being so childish and immature.”

“Well. Childish and immature here almost got away with it too, if it wasn't for that tree to get in our way”

He laughed at that, and there I decided that I really liked his laugh. “I suppose, if you say so. Either way, you got caught and now I have to deliver my stressed out friend back his reckless teenage daughter.”

Izzy's glare crumbled a bit, “Just think about it for a second,” she implored, straining against her seat belt, “If you are truly a friend you would just let us go and pretend you never saw us. Tell a little white lie to your cop buddies, that we tricked you and escaped but please just don't take my best friend away from me”

His ice eyes bore into hers through the rear view mirror for a heartbeat before averting back to the road. I almost thought he was actually going to listen to her and let us go. But all that changed when he spoke again with a shake of his head. “No can do. Sorry.”

Her expression turned pained, “c'mon dude! Just think...What would Jesus do?”

“Jesus forgives, sweet heart. Perhaps you should ask your parents forgiveness after you arrive home. My forgiveness however, you already have. And I know for a fact that I am doing the right thing, and Jesus always does the right thing.” he calmly responded without even a glance back, I could only tell he was slightly amused by constant twitching of his lips as he attempted to hold back a smile.

Well this isn't going to get us anywhere but back at home, to confront the fiery rage of our parents. Izzy growled in frustration, slumping back in her seat as her glare now directed towards me. Mentally I could tell she was scolding me for going back instead of running away. Great, now this was my fault.

We arrived to a Shell gas station a half hour later, there was two other police cars parked there as well – obviously waiting for us. Christian turned in his seat to make eye contact with both of us, face expressionless.

“Will princess, your chariot awaits” the statement was directed at Izzy, caressed by a slight Spanish accent.

“What about me?” I immediately spoke up, dread filling up my veins as the bloods cells within froze to ice. Christian turned back to me, his blue eyes highlighted with a speck of sympathy.

“I am going to escort you to the airport in which your parents are waiting for your arrival. As for Izzy, she is going to be taken back home.” Without another word he climbed out the car.

Izzy let out a sigh, as she began to pull on the cuffs that still hugged her wrists in a tight embrace, “We have to get out of her. I am not going to let them take you, no way.” she began to chatter, her voice shaking in excelling hysteria.