Chapter 9 - It's real.

After a few days, the photos of nikkah and dholki came out. All of the family members were gathered in the main hall and having fun with snacks and looking at the pictures on the projector. There were alot of romantic photos in there that were purely unintentional because they hadn't properly posed for them. The picture of her falling came next and everybody hooted and teased her, making her blush. She was sitting, snuggled next to her father and buried her face deeper in embarrassment.

"Hanie, unko picture to send kardo." [Send him the pictures]

"Kinko?" [Who's him?] She asked innocently.

"Unhi ko." [You know who.]

"Kon hain wo?" [Who is he?]

"Aapke woh." [Your husband]

"Hana nahi karo na." [Don't tease me.] She whined and blushed profusely. She completely forgot about his comment from yesterday and brushed it off thinking that he might be joking only.

"Bas bas. Koi meri beti ko tang nahi karega ab." [Stop it, nobody will tease my daughter anymore.] Her father announced.

Her wedding day was nearing. She was a bit excited but more scared about it. She still didn't know what kind of person Aaban truly was because they had barely talked like civil people. He just texted her once asking if the fittings were alright for all her dresses and about her shoe size since his mother was asking about it. But she had put her trust in Almighty and hoped for the best. She had been continuously praying every night since her date was fixed for ease in the new phase of life so she was at peace with herself.

•••••••

Minutes changed into hours and hours into days. Before she knew it, it was just one day to her wedding. It was Mehendi night [First function] today. She was dressed in an impeccable and vibrant dress that really brought out the hazel of her eyes. They shone like pearls among the minimalistic flower jewellery. The ladies applied Henna on her hands and made her wear the bangles. They also applied the haldi [turmeric paste] on her face because according to them, it was good for the wedding day glow up. Everyone was having so much fun but Haneen felt uneasy. Her life was changing with every passing minute. It was going to change drastically now and she couldn't back off. She wanted to run away right now because all kinds of negative thoughts were roaming freely right now. As much as she had tried to control them but they still found their way to her mind somehow.

What was Aaban going to be like.
This was the most dreadful thought. She wasn't much worried about her mother in law because she seemed like such a warm and loving lady. Although, she was a bit more expressive in her love but that was her way of loving and Haneen didn't complain at all. Who would complain about such a nice mother in law after all. There are very few ladies who accept their daughter in laws whole heartedly with all the love and no hidden agendas. Haneen was more than blessed to have her.

Haneen noticed Hana and Yousaf standing and talking at one corner of the room. Hana and Yousaf had been a revelation for her. Hana was her best friend and her closest cousin sister. Apparently, Yousaf liked her very much and so their parents talked about it and finally agreed. Having her best friend as her sister in law was the best news she could have gotten out of her wedding. She was so happy for both of them because she loved both of them equally. She was sure that her brother was going to keep Hana like a queen. Their wedding had been fixed next month as well.

After the dinner, Haneen was in her room with Hana, taking off her jewellery and dress. They both were talking about leaving their homes and living somewhere else and how sad it was going to be when Yousaf entered,

"Madam, aap bahir chali jaayen ab. Meri behn ko rulana band karden." [Madam, you go outside now. Stop making my sister cry.] Yousaf told Hana.

"Apni behn ki to bari fikar hai aapko. Kisi aur ki behn ki bhi karlen. Wo bhi ja hi rahi hai kahin." [Wow, so concerned about your sister. You should also be worried about someone else's sister. She's also going somewhere.] She replied.

"Uski fikar uske bhai karlen ge. Aa to mere paas rahi hai. Jab aajayegi tab unki bhi fikar khayal sab karlenge." [Her brothers should worry for her. Their sister is coming to me anyway. When she'll come, I will take care of her, worry for her and everything else.] He flirted effortlessly.

Haneen giggled at their banter. They both really were adorable and a match made in heaven. Hana left making a face at Yousaf.

"I am so happy for you bhai." [Brother] She spoke and Yousaf smiled at her.

"Me too. She's so freaking adorable. I can't wait for her to be a part of our family."

"Oh ho.. Someone's in love." Haneen teased him, making him blush.

"No but seriously. She's like a doll. Her way of talking and her actions, everything is cute."

"No way. she's so annoying. You will realize soon." Haneen teased.

"I like to be annoyed."

"Bro, you are whipped."

"Haina. kya se kya bana diya iss larki ne." [True, what has this girl turned me into.] He spoke, chuckling.

Just then, her parents entered the room. She realized it was her last night like this in her house. Tomorrow onwards, she was going to be a married woman. She was excited for her wedding but sad because of leaving. Her parents sat on the bed as she placed her head in their lap.

"Haneen. I want you to know that this will always be your home. You can always come here at any time of the day. You can call us, talk to us at any time of the night. I have packed the spare key with your luggage to remind you that you have another home. We'll always be there for you. You'll always be our baby." Her father spoke, holding her tightly.

"I know, Baba. I love you so much."

"Haneen, meri jaan. [My love] I chose what I thought was the best for you and I sincerely hope that he turns out as I have hoped but even if there are some short comings. Try to forgive him and make sure he forgives you. Give them the love that you have given us everyday. Make their home bright and cheerful by your presence. I know only my daughter can bring life to that house and make it a home."

"InshaAllah, mama."

"Aur bhai? Aapki speech?" [And brother, where's your speech?]

"Kya speech? Meri jaan ko usne rulaya na to dekh lunga usse. Seedha bhai ko call kardena agar usne kuch kiya to. theek hai?" [What speech? Even if there's a single tear in my love's eyes because of him, call me immediately. Okay?]

"Ji bhai." [Understood] She chuckled, wiping off her tears. "God I will miss you guys so much. I can't believe you are sending me away."

"Moto, ab itne bhi dramay na karo. [Fatty, don't be a drama queen now.] You'll literally be living three streets away from us."

"Bhai." She furrowed her eyes at him. "Agar aapko mumma baba ko chorh k jana parega na phir puchun gi aapko." [Brother, if you would have to leave your parents, then I would ask you.]

"Main kyun jaun? tum jao." [Why should I go? You go.]

"Let me cry in peace. Stop annoying me." She whined and placed her head in her mother's lap once again.

"Group hug?" Yousaf spoke and everybody joined him. Such was the sweetness of their cute and small family.