Chapter 35 - My love.

Another month has passed since that dreadful day. Things were back to normal and were surprisingly better than normal. Haneen couldn't have asked for anything more than this. It seemed that all her hard days were over now. Her father was all healthy and fine now. Another plus point was Aaban. He was a totally changed man now. She couldn't believe that this jolly and happy person was the same one she had married almost 9 months back. He laughed more, teased her more and was so comfortable with her. She thanked Allah daily for blessing her with the best life. Sometimes, we don't know where our life is taking us. We often complain about the bad days but we just need to trust the process and it will eventually take us exactly where we are supposed to be.

Nowadays, she had come to stay with her family for some time to take care of her father as Hana wasn't able to do alot of work because of her condition. She had given birth to a beautiful baby boy, Aahil, a few weeks ago. He had brought immense joys, happiness, blessings and health in their lives. The household was much more chaotic now with his arrival. Haneen was sitting in the lounge when her phone rang.

"Haneen? Where are my black pair of socks?" was the first question that he asked over the phone.

"Walikum Assalam. I am fine, Alhamdulillah. I am glad, you thought of calling me." She replied sarcastically from the other end. He bit his tongue and smacked his head lightly. "Ek larki ko ek workoholic se kabhi shaadi nahi karni chahiye." [A girl should never ever marry a workoholic.] She added.

"Oops..Sorry Begum Jaaaan!" [my lovely wife] He prolonged the last word, which made her blush on the other side.

"Well, no need to complete the formalities now. Tell me about you?" She asked before he could mend his mistake.

"I am very stressed. Lots and lots of work. I don't know what I am going to do when I can't even find my socks. What am I gonna do without you, Jaaneman?" [my heart] He smirked. He knew she would be blushing hard right now.

"Aww. You used to do everything on your own huh?" She cooed. "Anyway, where are you going?" She asked.

"Just a quick meeting at the office. Tell me na, where are my socks?" He asked again, impatiently.

"Go to the wardrobe, open your cupboard and then the second drawer. They are right there." She instructed him.

"Darling? Do you think that I am that dumb? I have already checked there." He replied.

"You just go and check." She stated surely.

"But--"

"Just Go, Aaban!" She spoke sternly. He chuckled and followed her orders.

Aaban went there and opened the first drawer accidentally.

"Oops Wifey, you're turning me on." He smirked in his phone.

"What?" She asked, bewildered.

"I accidentally opened your drawer." He bit his tongue.

She gasped over the phone and blushed crimson red. Thank God Aaban was not there to see her like that otherwise he would have teased her more.

"Astaghfirullah." She spoke blushing furiously whereas he just chuckled in return. "Now would you mind opening the second drawer?"

He closed the drawer. "I wish I was there to see you right now. Oh I miss seeing those tomato red chubby cheeks." He spoke while opening the drawer.

"I am not chubby." She defended.

"You're!"

"So you're implying that I am fat?" She questioned.